• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cy Every Astros Starter

jshep

I'll tell you one thing. I think the AL West is going to come down to whether Texas or Oakland can pull a July trade with Houston. Both teams have 4 series against the Angels after the All-Star break. Whoever can put a package together to get Norris and Bedard, and then talk Jamie Moyer out of retirement will get 4 sweeps against the Angels and win the division.

Is it time to fire Eppard yet?

In all seriousness I think he's in over his head. He replaced Scioscia's hand picked hitting coach out of desperation and yet, beside a couple of players, this club still looks like a blind kid at a piñata party when it comes to decisive hitting at the MLB level.

I wouldn't mind seeing this org start plucking coaches from other teams. I want to see them think outside the box. Give me a Chili Davis, a George Brett. Go ahead and spend money on the coaching staff as long as they're not giving out stupid 10 year contracts. It would be a welcome sight as opposed to them burning money on overpaid, underperforming players that clog up the heart of the lineup.

I don't want The Big Catorce canned just yet, but something has to change. I'm quite confident that nobody here would be sad if we woke up tomorrow and Butcher, Eppard, Picciolo, Soliz and Gregorio were all gone.

• 4 weeks later...