• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

21 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Let's compromise, and say poor people only count for 3/5ths a vote.

I get the joke. However, many don't understand 3/5ths compromise was used in establishing population for representation. Had the north allowed southern states to count non voting slaves equal they would have controlled way more power in the government. Remember the slave owners were for them being counted normally. The northern states opposed as it gave more power to the southern states. Living proof that there is usually no good way to compromise with evil. Ultimately, a war was fought to stomp that evil out. 

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

6 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I get the joke. However, many don't understand 3/5ths compromise was used in establishing population for representation. Had the north allowed southern states to count non voting slaves equal they would have controlled way more power in the government. Remember the slave owners were for them being counted normally. The northern states opposed as it gave more power to the southern states. Living proof that there is usually no good way to compromise with evil. Ultimately, a war was fought to stomp that evil out. 

The only two states to oppose the "3/5 Compromise" were NH and NY. I like how you're subtly trying to defend the Confederacy here. 

Try again.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

The only two states to oppose the "3/5 Compromise" were NH and NY. I like how you're subtly trying to defend the Confederacy here. 

Try again.

Point was the North wanted 0 slaves to count. South wanted a full person. Slavery was wrong as hell anyway you cut it. We should have abolished from the start. Probably NY an NH stood on that principal and didn't compromise. Nobody defending slavery unless you want to see the roots of the modern democrat party which I am sure you will defend.

5 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Point was the North wanted 0 slaves to count. South wanted a full person. Slavery was wrong as hell anyway you cut it. We should have abolished from the start. Probably NY an NH stood on that principal and didn't compromise. Nobody defending slavery unless you want to see the roots of the modern democrat party which I am sure you will defend.

Yes I am going to defend slavery. Good call.

i am not ashamed of being white or straight. Don't really care if it pisses people off. I hope every one here is proud of who they are. Pretty sure I speak more spanish and send more money to mexico than most on this board. I damn sure eat more mexican food and putang than most here. If you are not white be proud of who you are and your culture. If you  like peckers, good for you dont hate me cause I don't. I will still stop and help you if you are broke down. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

You’re comparing Republicans and Democrats of the 1860’s to Republicans and Democrats in 2020 and saying they are the same?

Might want to do a research there homie.

Sure thing. I am well aware of your little switch theory etc. A few politicians switched parties and they were the only dems ever to support racist policies. All the others didnt agree with their racist policies just voted with them for 100 years.

Dems have owned the black vote for over 50 years. How much have they done for the black man? Every drug infested poverty stricken city in America is run by dems. The mother of your beloved abortion clinics( Planned Parenthood) Ms Sanger had some interesting thoughts on the poor and minorities. But no way the racist ideas exist in today"s democrat party.