• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Simmons a trade candidate?

https://www.nj.com/phillies/2018/07/the_cole_hamels_trade_3_years_later_who_won_the_ph.html

I'll take any deal we can to get out of purgatory. 

However it's like choosing between:

- winning 78 games and watching a cool player like Simmons for a couple seasons

- winning 74 games with no Simmons on the off chance that we catch lightning on some prospects that take us to the 80s in wins. 

Trout will be Pujols pt 2 (maybe fatter) when he's 35 and clogging up the DH line for years so realistically our window to compete is small

I would NOT trade Simmons.

We gave up a quality prospect starter to get Simmons (Sean Newcomb - who has run into some issue this year with Atlanta. Newcomb just got recalled from AAA where Atlanta sent him in April after some poor starts - this was to be Newcomb's 'break out' year -- still could be if he turns it around).

Simmons has played fabulous for us. Defense as expected/ advertised - Offense - better than expected/ advertised.

Team leadership - by example - not fully expected but appreciated.

I think he is a team leader and a spark plugs for the Halos