• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Rogue?

Torridd

2 hours ago, Torridd said:

Is it possible for Eppler to sign a big-name free agent without Moreno's endorsement? If so, could Moreno legally renege on the deal?

My guess is Moreno gives them full authority to sign anyone at a not to exceed budget. If they pass the budget and Eppler presents a strong case to exceed, then Moreno can sign off to go above. That's the way more major public entities work within the constraints of a budget.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

perhaps asking more than a yes or no question would help.

do really think Arte could renege on a signed contract? if so, how? 

That what I was asking! Let's say, a GM made a "mistake" and signed someone against the owner's wishes, would the owner have any legal right to negate the transaction?

3 minutes ago, Torridd said:

That what I was asking! Let's say, a GM made a "mistake" and signed someone against the owner's wishes, would the owner have any legal right to negate the transaction?

I believe it's covered in the last CBA under the "oops" clause. 

no, they can't. it's a contract. 

My guess is that no contract would be valid without a signature from ownership.

I have never been in the room when a contract has been signed, but I envision it going down like this. The player and/or his agent reaches an agreement with ownership on terms and salary. Ownership has the contract typed up and signs it. The player, with or without his agent, comes in and signs it, finalizing the deal.

I can't imagine a scenario in which ownership would not be consulted before a deal is reached.