• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

I find it hard to believe that a Dorado sits on the shelf long enough to be eight months old. I am sure you had a very rare instance. Sculpin is better anyways. Like I said, I usually don't go to either unless I am picking up beer for a party or something. Whole Foods is my go to, picked up a case of Racer X last week. Better service and options on American Craft beer. 

The TW in Laguna Hills has the same 2 cases of Dorado chilling in the fridge that's 2 months past the enjoy by date. A couple of the liquor stores I frequent have bottles of it as well. I just don't think Dorado sells that well, or Ballast Point made way too much of it. There is another place near me that still some Palate Wrecker. 

Gonna be heading to O'Brien's tonight. They are hosting Rip Current and will have their beers on tap, plus the remainder of the beers from the previous night's Kern River dinner. Rip Current makes some solid stuff and I haven't tried any Kern River, so I'm looking forward to it.

Awesome man. Rip Current is great and the new triple ipa is awesome. Get there early to have some Kern River Citra, I heard they are bringing back out a small cask of it. Honestly my second favorite IPA I have had probably. I ran through the Kern lineup while up there. Didn't have a bad beer at all. 

The TW in Laguna Hills has the same 2 cases of Dorado chilling in the fridge that's 2 months past the enjoy by date. A couple of the liquor stores I frequent have bottles of it as well. I just don't think Dorado sells that well, or Ballast Point made way too much of it. There is another place near me that still some Palate Wrecker. 

The issue with Dorado is that when they pumped up the volume they couldnt replicate the beer. Before, it was great as a limited Double IPA. Sculpin doesn't even taste quite as good as it used to, its still really good though.

That is just bad management though, you cut the price and it would have moved.  

Sculpin seems to have a shelf life of about 2 weeks. When fresh it's awesome, but the taste disappears fast. 

Fresh Hops have a shelf life longer than that. When taking in canning and distribution there is no way that within two weeks Sculpin has already lost some of its depth. I will bet that it takes a week to just get it to many locations and that is being generous. 

Dudes is small and it probably takes 2-5 days from canning to hit store shelves and that is with a limited market of LA, Ventura, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties.  

Of course all beer will taste better if you have it from the source where temperature control can be better monitored. IPA's on a dry shelf is really not ideal for any of them. Went to Total Wine today to drop off cans and they had Racer X on the shelf when it says to keep cold right on the side. 

I've just had some off tasting Sculpin at times, and it's always when it was older than 2 weeks. Never had a problem when it's been less than that. 

I would bet it has more to do with going from cold to warm storage than age. I would say anything within the first sixty days should be fine as far as Ballast Point goes. It also can be an issue with replication. They have gotten so big that replicating a recipe becomes difficult. I really don't drink it that often so I really don't know. I heard they are opening a second brewery which is always a worry. People are concerned with Alpine brewing at Green Flash for the same reasons. 

James, have you had the Victory Dirtwolf yet? Just got a text that my bottle shop got some in. 

Had it last week and it is awesome. 

I think we talked about it a few pages back, pretty comparable to Sucks but a bit more piney and bitter. 

Edited by James

James, do you do anything else with your life besides drink thousands of amazing beers, drive to purchase said beers, or attend interesting beer tastings/events/parties? Do you work or sleep much? I envision your house as a walk-in fridge, stocked full with beer and a singular couch.

And I ask this in the most respectful and envious way.

James, do you do anything else with your life besides drink thousands of amazing beers, drive to purchase said beers, or attend interesting beer tastings/events/parties? Do you work or sleep much? I envision your house as a walk-in fridge, stocked full with beer and a singular couch.

And I ask this in the most respectful and envious way.

Haha, Brandon and I talked about this a bit the other night. I will admit there are a ton of beers always on hand, right now its a bit low for my standards. I help out at a brewery as I attend post graduate school so while I dont make as much as I would like, I love what I do and the people I work with. Sleep is for the weak sir. Seriously though, I bet I don't drink as much as it probably seems. Well that is probably not really true as I think about it. Ever since living in the South Bay I have really become close to quite few of the local breweries. Glad I live where I do. 

James where can I find The Dudes stuff in corona or chino? My buddy gets Double Trunk at bevmo in OC but I cant find it anywhere.

Don't think any stores carry it out that far yet. Just hit me up when you come out this way and I will hook you up with some or come by the brewery sometime. Slaters is the only place I know that way that routinely has it. 

Edited by James