• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Also, that can’t be sued.  Legally the cops have no duty to save you.  This is settled. 

Is it their duty to protect you? 

I think I've read that somewhere before.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Is it their duty to protect you? 

I think I've read that somewhere before.

I think technically no.  I think it’s more of a feel good phrase or like an advertisement.  The whole protect and serve thing I mean. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/05/27/politics/uvalde-donald-trump-nra-convention/index.html

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," the former President said.’

What is so disgusting about Trump is that he doesn’t a believe a word of the shit he says.  If he has any political beliefs he’s essentially a democrat but at some point him and his family decided that the Christian Right we’re the easiest pickens in the political game to manipulate for the sole purpose of acquiring and maintaining generational wealth.  

And I could lament that some of you here don’t see it or worse, bought it hook, line and sinker, but that’s the whole point.  Criticize him for most things but the man knows a grift.  Like bigly.

I mean at least guys like Abbott probably believe in their hearts the shit they say.  You can disagree politically and philosophically with people but at least they’re arguing for things they believe in.  Trump is so clearly a charlatan it’s disgusting.

I think Don jr. actually has become something that might resemble a true believer.  But definitely it’s in the deeply cynical fashion of like Jerry Falwell Jr.   Donald tho, ya to me it seems like he doesn’t actually give a shit about anything other than sitting in the big chair.  Like plainly that’s his thing imo. 

and like Ivanka and Jared.  Lmao does anyone actually believe she doesn’t want to be in the liberal elite circles.  That chick doesn’t want to hang around the fucking local gentry dealership owners and shit that broadly most of the conservative movements actual power comes from.  Those people are deeply repugnant to coastal liberal elites like her.  None of these people believe in anything other than shaking down the entire planet for as much as they can get.  No matter what they say.  They don’t give a fuck about anything other than money.  Demons all of them.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

Why not limit all magazines, on any and all guns with magazines, to just a few bullets. I don’t hunt, but isn’t it true that you typically get just one shot with which you (1) hit the animal, (2) or it runs away and you don’t get another shot? And as far as home protection goes, in the typical home protection scenario, how many shots does the homeowner actually take? One or two? So can’t gun owners accomplish the only real tasks guns are good for - hunting and home protection - with a gun that merely shoots a shot or two in quick succession? 

1 minute ago, wopphil said:

Why not limit all magazines, on any and all guns with magazines, to just a few bullets. I don’t hunt, but isn’t it true that you typically get just one shot with which you (1) hit the animal, (2) or it runs away and you don’t get another shot? And as far as home protection goes, in the typical home protection scenario, how many shots does the homeowner actually take? One or two? So can’t gun owners accomplish the only real tasks guns are good for - hunting and home protection - with a gun that merely shoots a shot or two in quick succession? 

This is true for a hunting scenario but not for a self defense situation.