• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which is the greatest of evils?

Which is the greatest of evils?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. You've got one shot - which do you undo right now?

• Pujols and his 8 years remaining
    • Hamilton and his 4 years remaining
    • Scioscia and his 5 years remaining

I don't know how things will turn out.  I'm likely a sucker hoping certain performances can turn around while others simply can't.

So yeah, I'm going with #3.

EDIT:  Forgot to add - in talking with a friend, question came up if my choice would change if the team was guaranteed to spend the remaining resources?   Hmm, well then Pujols seems the better choice honestly but with Scioscia at the helm for the next 5, I'm not sure any rotation help would matter. 

I'll go with Pujols and his contract because I'm not well versed on the Angels insurance tactics. I can see going with Hamilton depending on Pujols insurance, because Hamilton is risky.  His numbers last year illustrates it (as does his past).  Not his HR and RBI, but his strikeouts and chase rate.

Scioscia should be a distant third.  His contract is still insanely long and he makes some serious money for a manager, but compared to the players it is nothing, and he is not to blame for this 11-22 start.   I've never been a big fan, but he is not much different from most managers when it comes to in-game decisions... and he is praised for his clubhouse managing, which I can't really question.   

Pujols has already put up #'s in an Angels uniform and is a consensus 1st ballot hall of famer. I would much rather watch him for 10 yrs. Than Hamilton for 5. I would take the Hammy money and Vdubs comimg off the books nxt yr and get.........u guessed it.......pitching(bullpen).

Good question, but because of the rumor of Pujols maybe being willing to walk away after say year 5, I went with Scioscia.

There is something going on with the chemistry on this team and between JeDi and Scioscia. Maybe it's time to bring in a new coaching staff, because not many managers stay in one place for this long, and JeDi and Scioscia have two different ways of running things.

Good question, but because of the rumor of Pujols maybe being willing to walk away after say year 5, I went with Scioscia.

There is something going on with the chemistry on this team and between JeDi and Scioscia. Maybe it's time to bring in a new coaching staff, because not many managers stay in one place for this long, and JeDi and Scioscia have two different ways of running things.

The fact that the two are recently making veiled jabs at one another ("every team we've played has a solid bullpen", "this is the team we have, no magic bullet") in the newspapers means the conflict between those two is likely much more heated than I would've expected. If these two have such irreconcilable differences then entirely new coaching staff should have been brought in when Dipoto arrived. Only reason that didn't happen is Scioscia's contract.

Pujols.  Even if he had started off with 2-3 years of vintage Pujols, that was still a very risky contract.  That he is already breaking down and a shell of his former self in year #2 is an absolute disaster.  When the  best thing you can realistically hope for is that a player gets hurt and retires, you know it's a bad situation,