• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who do you see getting the last starting roation spot on the Angels?

It'll be Richards, Shoemaker, Skaggs, Nolasco (probably not in that order but they are all locks to be in the starting rotation) and another pitcher. Personally, I think the last spot in the Angels starting rotation will go to Jesse Chavez. In 4 starts this spring, he's posted an ERA under 3.00 (2.51) in 14.1 innings pitched. In 2014, his breakout season with Oakland, he had a 3.44 ERA and pitched 125.2 innings as a starter before pitching out of the bullpen for Oakland the rest of the season. So he has shown that he can pitch solid baseball as a starter. WHo do you think will get the last spot in the Angels starting rotation?

15 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Yes and they did that without a DH or Mike Trout so we should easily win the AL West. 

They had a Mike Trout type player in Corey Seager, combined with having a better overall offense and MUCH BETTER bullpen than ours. They also played against other teams without a DH, so I'm not sure why you brought that up.

53 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

They had a Mike Trout type player in Corey Seager, combined with having a better overall offense and MUCH BETTER bullpen than ours. They also played against other teams without a DH, so I'm not sure why you brought that up.

I'm absolutely positive you know why he brought that up. 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Every team in baseball will have a rotation by committee in Claude's eyes, but he will only shit on the Angels for it. 

Well that's your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. We have two starters that are going to be closely watched because of past arm problems. They will be on pitch counts, limited innings and on velocity watch every game. Shoemaker will be fine and he will get his innings in. Nolasco will be fine and probably pitch the highest number of innings on the team. I have no faith that Chavez will give us much as a starter. 

Lets just see how it plays out. I just think that they're very thin in quality and stamina at starting pitching. 

41 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Every team in baseball will have a rotation by committee in Claude's eyes, but he will only shit on the Angels for it. 

He just loves to be negative about pretty much anything Angels related.  The season hasn't even started yet and he is super negative.

32 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

That really wasn't the question posed by the OP though was it?

Pretty much everyone gets that the pitching staff is our big question mark, it doesn't need to be pointed out in a thread that isn't really about that.

MT I have to be honest, I must have misunderstood the question because I don't really know what roation even means.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2017 at 2:22 PM, CALZONE said:

Well that's your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. We have two starters that are going to be closely watched because of past arm problems. They will be on pitch counts, limited innings and on velocity watch every game. Shoemaker will be fine and he will get his innings in. Nolasco will be fine and probably pitch the highest number of innings on the team. I have no faith that Chavez will give us much as a starter. 

Lets just see how it plays out. I just think that they're very thin in quality and stamina at starting pitching. 

I still agree