• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: C.J. Cron is ready to battle for playing time with Angels

AngelsWin.com

46 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Cron is too good to be in AAA. He's ready to be a productive major leaguer, he's shown that the last couple years. If he goes down to Salt Lake, he might hit .350.

He seriously needs to break out this year and stay healthy. 

Let Pujols rest, get in playing shape and only come back once he's 100% and of course, IN THE BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE.

Let Valbuena, Cron and Marte battle for playing time between DH and 1B. Against southpaws, I'd like to see Marte and Cron out there, Valbuena taking a seat.

44 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He seriously needs to break out this year and stay healthy. 

Let Pujols rest, get in playing shape and only come back once he's 100% and of course, IN THE BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE.

Let Valbuena, Cron and Marte battle for playing time between DH and 1B. Against southpaws, I'd like to see Marte and Cron out there, Valbuena taking a seat.

This!!!

Overall, I'd just like to see the Angels find a combination that works. If it's Valbuena and Pujols, fine. If it's Cron and Marte, fine.

At the end of the day, I think they'll all get playing time. I'm guessing Pujols misses the first couple weeks and it isn't an issue. Then throughout the year, Valbuena and Cron's track record suggests they'll both probably have a stint on the DL, and either could step on when that happens. You know Pujols will need regular rest, he is just at that stage in his career. 

I think there's going to be room for both to get sone AB's. Revere too.

6 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Cron needs to be traded soon

I was told the other day that the industry doesn't value Cron very highly and the Angels couldn't get much for him now. He needs to clean some things up in his game before anyone will give up much for him, or before the Angels will commit to him. 

The market is flush with power hitting 1B/DH. Cron won't have value until he has a full breakout season and the market thins out. It could be a couple years. 

Remember when Dipoto dealt Trumbo for Skaggs and Santiago (which turned into Meyer and Nolasco). This basically better us two top prospects (former now) and an inning eater.

You just have to wait until the right time, then strike.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I was told the other day that the industry doesn't value Cron very highly and the Angels couldn't get much for him now. He needs to clean some things up in his game before anyone will give up much for him, or before the Angels will commit to him. 

This makes sense, when you look at how the market treated sluggers with limited positional value this offseason. At this stage it is pretty reasonable to assume we won't see substantial improvement in his walk rate, so any big value boost will probably need to come from a HR surge. That always seemed possible but really hasn't come close to eventuating yet.