• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Visiting Tempe Diablo during away game...

mvslugger

Well I'll start by acknowledging how long it's been since a post of mine. I've followed on FB and from afar for a number of years - there's no fan community like AngelsWin!! You guys all rock...

...i digress...

In previous years and spring training visits, I've gone to Angel games both home and away and spent other time hanging out watching the Halos do some workouts at the Tempe Diablo facility. Last year I heard someone mention that the regular squad works out in the main stadium at Tempe Diablo during away games and it's possible to get in to watch and hang out. Can someone verify this for me and share some details on how to get in? Apparently you just show up, but any advice on timing, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone, in advance!

The regular players will work out on the field in the main stadium from about 10-11:30 before road games. (If they're going someplace a little farther like Surprise or Goodyear they may move it up 15-30 minutes.)

The pitchers and minor league guys tend to go down to the fields across the parking lot. 

The players who aren't on the trip will linger around a little longer and that's probably a good time to get autographs, since they won't be rushing off. 

Unless they have a tee time. 

17 hours ago, mvslugger said:

Well I'll start by acknowledging how long it's been since a post of mine. I've followed on FB and from afar for a number of years - there's no fan community like AngelsWin!! You guys all rock...

...i digress...

In previous years and spring training visits, I've gone to Angel games both home and away and spent other time hanging out watching the Halos do some workouts at the Tempe Diablo facility. Last year I heard someone mention that the regular squad works out in the main stadium at Tempe Diablo during away games and it's possible to get in to watch and hang out. Can someone verify this for me and share some details on how to get in? Apparently you just show up, but any advice on timing, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone, in advance!

Hi Jamo! 

On 2/12/2017 at 6:01 PM, mvslugger said:

Thanks for the kind words, @mvslugger and welcome back! 

Hope you like the new digs.