• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Italy

NJHalo

I know a bunch of you have been, so I am looking for advice on a trip this summer. We are going for 11 days in July. (Wife and I plus the 2 kids).

Flying into Rome and out of Milan.

So far we are planning on 3 nites Rome, 3 nights Tuscanny, 2 nights Venice, and 2 nights Lake Como. Renting a car when we leave Rome, and will drop off at Milan.

I know there are the obvious "must sees" , but what else do you recommend?

If I had to do it again, I would spend more time in Tuscany.  We just went this past September for two weeks.  In Tuscany area is Sienna and I only got to spend a few hours there and I would have liked to spend an entire day there.  Near by is a smaller city called San Gimignano.  We were on a tour and only spent an hour or so there, and I would like to have explored it for a day.  All of this stuff is pretty fresh in my mind so hit me up with some question.  We did Rome for 3 days, Tuscany for 4 days, Venice for 3 days, then back to Rome for the last 3 days.  On our return trip to Rome, we stayed outside "the walls" at the Waldorf, which for Italy prices was very affordable, incredibly nice, but incredibly inconvenient.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

If I had to do it again, I would spend more time in Tuscany.  We just went this past September for two weeks.  In Tuscany area is Sienna and I only got to spend a few hours there and I would have liked to spend an entire day there.  Near by is a smaller city called San Gimignano.  We were on a tour and only spent an hour or so there, and I would like to have explored it for a day.  All of this stuff is pretty fresh in my mind so hit me up with some question.  We did Rome for 3 days, Tuscany for 4 days, Venice for 3 days, then back to Rome for the last 3 days.  On our return trip to Rome, we stayed outside "the walls" at the Waldorf, which for Italy prices was very affordable, incredibly nice, but incredibly inconvenient.  

I have heard San Gimignano is a must see, and Siena is a close second.

We are staying at the Marriott Grand Flora in Rome, which is in the Via Veneto section by Villa Borghese park. Using Marriott points for that one.

In Tuscany, we are staying in Fonte de Medici, which is in Chianti region. Quiet wine vineyard estate with apartments and a cool pool area.

What did you do in Florence? That is the place I am finding most difficult to get the family interested in.

is florence where da vinci's the last supper is located? seeing that would be enough to convince me to go.

if you're a fan of author dan brown (the da vinci code), take a look at one of his books that's set in italy and visit some of those places he mentions. have fun!

4 hours ago, Tank said:

is florence where da vinci's the last supper is located? seeing that would be enough to convince me to go.

if you're a fan of author dan brown (the da vinci code), take a look at one of his books that's set in italy and visit some of those places he mentions. have fun!

I believe the Last Supper is in Milan