• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kyle Parker

greginpsca

Have to think he would be better than Nava/Gentry.

Small sample size in the majors, but his .182/.217/.311 line is pretty Brandon Wood-esque.

Good numbers in the minors, but below average plate discipline. Would be happy to have him in AAA but i don't think he'd be any more productive for us than what we already have.

Granted, it's an even further small sample size, but if we apply the same Coora Field Effect standard on Parker that we have on Blackmon and Dickerson, he becomes:

Away: .123/.162/.154/.316

Home: .239/.271/.433/.704

So his line is already pretty Coors-ified.

I'd swap Navarro and maybe a fringe arm for him like Scotty said, but don't see how he'd be more than AAA filler. Dominic Brown still available? He at least hits left-handed and has more MLB track record.

Edited by totdprods

I was thinking the same thing Greg. Parker is one of those guys a scout can watch a s fall in love with. Very strong, very athletic, good numbers. But the analytical guys can unearth some things that explain why it won't translate.

Personally, I really like Parker, despite the fact that it's slim chance he'll ever do much in the majors. I'd be more than willing to do a Navarro-Parker swap. But if they aren't interested, I'd see if they want to do something like Pierson or Austin Wood for him. Pierson has fringe power and Austin Wood has a future in the bullpen. It's better than nothing.

Parker would compete in AAA a d we'd bank on him figuring something out in his mid-20's that results in success in the major leagues. It happens occasionally.

Right, but with his upside it's pretty likely there will be a team out there that'd be willing to part with a better piece than Navarro and a fringe arm for him. Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't give up more than that, and I'm not sure if we can even trade Efren as he is able to elect free agency with this DFA.

Should we be able to strike a deal for Parker, we would still have to clear a spot on the 40 for him, or we would have to try and sneak him through waivers. If he's claimed, than we literally gave away whatever we traded for him.

We don't have anyone on the 40 man that should be bumped for Parker at this time. There's several guys on there who may be superfluous as ST goes on, but we I'm not seeing anyone deserves to be bumped for Kyle Parker that wouldn't just create another hole elsewhere.

If they're still in the system, Gary Brown and Jared Mitchell already fill the spots of non-40 former top pick OF who may turn it all around.

If we had an open spot on the 40, or he clears waivers and can be acquired without a trade, sure, he'd be fine in SLC. But I imagine someone will trade for him and I don't see an ideal player to bump off the 40.

Edited by totdprods