• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Charles Koch is a liberal.

Jay

At least according to him:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/charles-koch-is-really-a-liberal-compromiser-201545347.html

[Koch] says you can call him a "classical liberal," or even just a liberal. But he means that in what he believes is the original sense of the term. “It’s someone who wants society to maximize peace, civility, tolerance, and well-being for everybody,” Koch said. “That’s a society that gets rid of these obstacles to opportunity and innovation,” he said, speaking of what he perceives is excessive government intervention. “Historically [liberal] is a great word,” Koch said. “Then liberals became people who wanted the government to control people’s lives.”

“I’ve learned we can’t say anything about an individual politician because David, my brother, said he liked Walker, so now I started reading in the press that we put millions behind his campaign,” Koch said. “You want to know how much we put behind his campaign? Zero. Then, we said OK, we’ll invite Fiorina to the seminar. OK, now [people said] we’ve selected her. We hadn’t selected her. It’s just she was doing well in the polls and said some things that made sense and so on. So I can’t, I don’t dare comment about anybody because it’ll be blown totally out of proportion.”

Don't care much for the Kochs, but this does show how crappy the media reports things.

Don't care for the Koc's either but I agree about the absurd 2 year presidential campaign.  Something wrong with that, whether it be distraction or whatever it is, it's by design, IMO.  As you know AO I am very upset with mainstream reporting.  Nobody digs into stories anymore, speculating on news story details before investigations and lazily acquiring State Dept Data for news which IMO cannot always be trusted with some being considered propaganda against countries that prefer not to do business with the west.  Since only a few large media corporations exist now, power has been consolidated as we all know and this without question changes the dynamics of Journalism creating more ambiguity in a way that at times you have to dig for the truth yourself.

Please do some research on what "classical liberalism" is, Jay. It has very little to do with the modern usage of liberalism and is probably most similar to modern libertarianism.

is that my homework assignment, professor?