• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Smith: Carousel in left field has Angels going in circles

AngelsWin.com

Read that first sentence. Im teling you, players come here and see the enviornment of the clubhouse, the lack of urgency to win, and the laid back orange county fans, they get lazy themselves.

Go ahead sign Hayward. He'll hit .220 here, but he will be living the life out in Newport Beach with that 100 million dollar contract hel get.

Edited by QuinlansMinion

Read that first sentence. Im teling you, players come here and see the enviornment of the clubhouse, the lack of urgency to win, and the laid back orange county fans, they get lazy themselves.

Go ahead sign Hayward. He'll hit .220 here, but he will be living the life out in Newport Beach with that 100 million dollar contract hel get.

So we shouldn't sign anyone who commands a contract in excess of say $50M, because they will become rich, lazy, and far too comfortable in their new cozy So. California home?  And Moreno should move this team to where the fans are more hungry and passionate?  And tell us more about the environment in the clubhouse, because I am not aware of anyone but a select few entering it.

Isn't it true that for the past several years, big money acquisitions have TOTALLY sucked?

Of course that could be partially due to having pathetic MLB scouts that no one else would hire.

The only franchise to employ an actor as a scout (Squiggy)

AO, you should be thanking Arte for the big name guys he's brought to the team. I'm not joking. It's puzzling that you choose to mock him about that. It sucks that recently they haven't been working out. I don't know much about our scouting department, so I'm not going to comment on the quality of the scouts. That said, I do agree with you that the club needs to focus heavily on internal development. I don't know how much money that takes away from signing FA. It seems strange to me that it would be that massive an investment. Let's be fair though, Arte has sprang to pay our early draft picks and although our international scouting has been poor recently I remember when he opened up our academy in the Dominican. I believe he'll spend where his GM's tell him to spend. Hopefully the new guy is better about it. Edited by UndertheHalo