• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Top Prospect Sean Newcomb Interviews with AngelsWin.com

NewcombInterview-2.jpg
Photograph by Fernando Gutierrez Jr. at FGJPhotography

Interview by David Saltzer, AngelsWin.com Senior Writer - 

Since being drafted by the Angels in the first round of the 2014 Major League draft (15th overall), Sean Newcomb has sat atop all Angels Minor League prospect lists. And, in the year after being drafted, Newcomb has shown exactly why he has deserved such praise. Sporting a 93-96 mph fastball, a dominating curve, and plus changeup, Newcomb has racked up 139 strikeouts in 108.1 innings pitched. That amounts to an 11.5 SO: 9 IP ratio!

Standing on the mound, Newcomb has a presence. His 6'5" and 245 lbs frame is imposing. He attacks hitters low and inside, often making them look foolish chasing pitches.

Personally, Newcomb is well-liked by his teammates. His coaches praise him for his hard work, his poise, and his coachability. Speaking with Newcomb, I found him to be very humble, articulate, intelligent, and mature. I can easily see him being a top of the rotation pitcher for the Angels and a go-to guy for the media.

In a wide-ranging interview, we spoke about his roots as a baseball player, his time in college, and his time in the Majors so far. Angels fans, you really need to make the drive to see him pitch at San Manuel Stadium for the IE 66ers while you can. Out there, it's a lot easier to get an autograph, grab a picture, and even meet a player out there than it is in Anaheim. Newcomb is the kind of player you will want to know, so take the time to see him while he's still pitching in the Cal League.

Please click below to watch our interview with this rising star.

AngelsWin.com would like to specifically thank Steve Wendt and Matt Kowallis from the IE 66ers for all their efforts in arranging this interview.

Good job Dave, awesome interview!  I can't wait to see this guy pitch up here someday.

Hopefully we don't trade him. He's going to be a stud in the rotation to go along with Richards, Heaney, Santiago and Shoemaker (if Shoe is not traded).

Great interview Dave. Nice to hear an interview with this young man and hope he ends up being everthing we all want him to be!

Side note: I know you pulled the interview through arrangements with the 66ers. No complaint, but it kind of sounds like it was conducted at a Chuck E Cheese.

Great interview Dave. Nice to hear an interview with this young man and hope he ends up being everthing we all want him to be!

Side note: I know you pulled the interview through arrangements with the 66ers. No complaint, but it kind of sounds like it was conducted at a Chuck E Cheese.

If you knew all that happened to get that interview, you'd understand. We are very lucky to have such a great relationship with the IE 66ers that we could get that interview. I hope everyone has listened to it, because Sean is going to be a fixture in our rotation. Go and see him while you can out there.

If you knew all that happened to get that interview, you'd understand. We are very lucky to have such a great relationship with the IE 55ers that we could get that interview. I hope everyone has listened to it, because Sean is going to be a fixture in our rotation. Go and see him while you can out there.

Being a big fan of the 55ers, I really enjoyed the interview.

Just kidding, Dave. Great job, as usual.

And again, thanks for your hard work.

Well i like the guy even more now! thank you for this Dave.  Never has our pitching future looked so bright, such a great group of starters in our near future.

Seriously! Can you imagine a rotation of Richards, Newcomb, Heaney, Tropeano and Ellis? That's very promising and very close to happening!