• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No more local show about the Angels anymore?

RePLAY

the beast 980 is crap.  most every host and show on that station is unlistenable

Eh, I think the morning show is adequate.  I think Jeannie Zelasko is decent and I like Marques Johnson, though he doesn't add alot outside basketball.

They do have an update guy, Sam Farber(sp?) who I think is sharp.

I don't know the name of the afternoon guys, but one of them gave one of those sabermetric rants a couple of weeks ago ("OPS, OCD, what the hell is this stuff?!?").... I just clicked off.  Do you really have to hire guys that stupid?

Eh, I think the morning show is adequate.  I think Jeannie Zelasko is decent and I like Marques Johnson, though he doesn't add alot outside basketball.

They do have an update guy, Sam Farber(sp?) who I think is sharp.

I don't know the name of the afternoon guys, but one of them gave one of those sabermetric rants a couple of weeks ago ("OPS, OCD, what the hell is this stuff?!?").... I just clicked off.  Do you really have to hire guys that stupid?

It's Sam Farmer...the writer from the LA Times.

All I want out of sports talk is to

a) learn something I didn't know, or

B) be entertained

I find LA radio to be a wasteland.  I listen to Steve Czaban's nationally syndicated morning show on podcast.  I wish I could find something sustainable locally.  I cannot.  The afternoon is worse than the morning.

Why is Petros always yelling at me?

I enjoy petros. Ya he's a yeller, but he's really quirky and money is a good counterpoint to his insanity

He's pretty knowledgeable too, especially about college football

I actually like Petros as well.  But since they are usually talking their version of pop culture, instead of sports, I usually don't listen.

i really enjoyed listening to the travis rodgers show, it grew on me gradually to where i listened every morning on way to work, liked the angels chat the most. but he has great takes on everything. bummed its on earlier now.  gotta get use to him having a side kick, that part is still not totally clickin with me yet,