• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How to get rid of a tree

I want to quietly kill off my neighbor's pine tree. It hangs over my driveway and drops needles and sap all over my cars. The town will not issue him a permit to get rid of it. They say it is not a danger.

How to kill it off and make it look like natural causes

I was a little distracted by the Angels, so I do apologize for not answering some questions.

Mancini- It is a big F'n tree, but it leans away from my house.

Tank- I was told that girdling will leave a mark and that if they come look at it, I am in deep trouble. Same thing with copper nails. I heard that can take up to 3 years to work.

We DO need a permit in NJ to remove a tree. There is a "canopy law" which protects trees unless they present a danger.

Yes, I did talk to the neighbor. He wants it gone too, but when he went for a permit, they shot him down. He does not want to break any laws, so I need to do this on the QT. I did have a tree service come and trim the branches that hung over my property once, but the wind carries the needles over to my property.

Thanks all

Does it appear to be in good health?  If not, you can make a case that the tree poses a health and safety risk of limbs falling or potential of the tree falling over in a storm because its leaning.

Say the roots are uplifting your driveway or cracking your foundation.

Some people have allergies to pine tree pollen. Go to the doc complaining about an allergic reaction, say its from the trees, and present the doc's diagnosis to the board you'd get the permit from.  Tell them it's causing you pain and suffering.  Offer to plant a smaller, cleaner, allergy-free tree in its place.

Find out what beetles kill pines in your area, get a few, and plant them in the bark of the tree. Tree will start to die, and you should be able to cut down a dying tree.

Good luck!