• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Winning!

ettin

I know this is nonsensical to everyone else on this board but I finally won my fantasy baseball league this year after three previous years of coming in 2nd place! Not easy to do in a 16 team competitive league!

Feel free to fire away with the "Cool story bro" and "Why do I care?" statements, I don't care I had to share it somewhere and that is here!!!!

I took that League out behind the bleachers and got it pregnant! (30 Rock reference)

That is all.

I know this is nonsensical to everyone else on this board but I finally won my fantasy baseball league this year after three previous years of coming in 2nd place! Not easy to do in a 16 team competitive league!

Feel free to fire away with the "Cool story bro" and "Why do I care?" statements, I don't care I had to share it somewhere and that is here!!!!

I took that League out behind the bleachers and got it pregnant! (30 Rock reference)

That is all.

I love that 30 Rock Reference.

I love that 30 Rock Reference.

I love the show! Dr. Spaceman is one of the best supporting characters I've ever seen on television! Spaceman is pronounced spa-chamen but Tracy calls him Dr. Space Man. Dr. Spaceman is not a good doctor and shouldn't be practicing medicine.

(Jack and Tracy are in Dr. Spaceman's office the day prior to their vasectomy surgeries)

Dr. Spaceman: "Now remember Jack and Tracy! Don't eat anything the night before the surgery! (Pause) Because I'll have a nice big breakfast waiting for you when you get in."

Edited by ettin

Won my 12 team Yahoo fantasy league.  

$900 coming my way.

It's a keeper league where managers get to keep 5 players from the previous season.  We have a draft budget of $265.  Cost of players drafted and kept from previous season will count against next season's draft.  Here are the players I'm considering mainly based on performance and price:

OF Corey Dickerson  $1 (picked him up as F/A early this season)

C  Jonathan Lucroy $1 (acquired via trade early in season for Mark Trumbo and Joe Smith)

3B  Lonnie Chisenhall $1 (picked up as F/A early in season after Freese's offense was pitiful)

OF  Yasiel Puig  $6 (acquired via multi-player trade 2013 season involving Puig/Kipnis for Chris Davis/Weaver/Beltran/Uehara)

OF  Kole Calhoun $5 (drafted this season)

P  Jon Lester $13 (drafted this season)

P  Matt Shoemaker $1 (acquired via F/A in late May)

P Chris Tillman $1 (acquired via F/A towards All-Star break)

P Gerrit Cole $1 (keeper from 2013 season)

P Garrett Richards $1 (acquired via F/A in April)

Won my 12 team Yahoo fantasy league.

$900 coming my way.

It's a keeper league where managers get to keep 5 players from the previous season. We have a draft budget of $265. Cost of players drafted and kept from previous season will count against next season's draft. Here are the players I'm considering mainly based on performance and price:

OF Corey Dickerson $1 (picked him up as F/A early this season)

C Jonathan Lucroy $1 (acquired via trade early in season for Mark Trumbo and Joe Smith)

3B Lonnie Chisenhall $1 (picked up as F/A early in season after Freese's offense was pitiful)

OF Yasiel Puig $6 (acquired via multi-player trade 2013 season involving Puig/Kipnis for Chris Davis/Weaver/Beltran/Uehara)

OF Kole Calhoun $5 (drafted this season)

P Jon Lester $13 (drafted this season)

P Matt Shoemaker $1 (acquired via F/A in late May)

P Chris Tillman $1 (acquired via F/A towards All-Star break)

P Gerrit Cole $1 (keeper from 2013 season)

P Garrett Richards $1 (acquired via F/A in April)

So first of all congratulations on your big win!

As far as keepers I'd go: Dickerson, Lucroy (definitely Lucroy), Puig, Shoemaker, and Richards. I don't know the settings in your league so this is just a broad opinion based on what you did disclose. I'd trade Lester before your next draft because he over-performed slightly and has more of a brand name. Shoemaker is the real deal and should give you roughly the same output. You could substitute Cole for Shoe but that is up to you. Dickerson is the real deal I think and Lucroy had a down year in my opinion. Puig has the potential to be big or bust but is worth the gamble. Richards is a must keep just like Lucroy.