• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Big start for LeBlanc

Torridd

I get the feeling he'll do a good job and will make the postseason roster because of it.

Because of injury and ineptitude, many opportunities are open. They just have to take them.

The A's are a good team, but they aren't Murderers Row. You have to let them swing the bats and don't give free passes. We really let them off the hook yesterday.

I don't think LeBlanc gets the ball in the post-season. If he makes the roster he will be a long man out of the pen or used to get a lefty or two out. 

Not a big start. 

The Angels shouldn't really give a crap about any of these last 5 games other than hoping Santiago and Ceej can find something.

So, LeBlanc pitches well tonite, as he did against the M's last week, Santiago throws up another clunker tomorrow as does CJ this weekend....I think I'd at least think about it if that happens...

He could pitch a perfect game and I still wouldn't want him starting in the postseason.

I doubt he doesn't get lit up tonight. CJ Wilson also pitched a great game against the M's

He could pitch a perfect game and I still wouldn't want him starting in the postseason.

I doubt he doesn't get lit up tonight. CJ Wilson also pitched a great game against the M's

As long as he gets out of the first without walking 4 guys it will be an improvement.

He's not making the postseason roster

So, LeBlanc pitches well tonite, as he did against the M's last week, Santiago throws up another clunker tomorrow as does CJ this weekend....I think I'd at least think about it if that happens...

Not sure I'd rule anything out at this point...if LeBlanc pitches well against the A's tonite and Santiago doesn't Wed, I think you'd have to think about what you want to do....CJ probably starts regardless....and the Rasmus bullpen day could still be in play....

Let's face it, a "great start" for LeBlanc tonight would be going 6 innings and giving up less than 3 runs. An amazing start would be 7 innings and giving up 2. Against Sonny Grey, I think our hitters have a better chance than last night. The only way to beat Oakland when Shark or Lester are pitching is to get lucky with their bad defense, depend on the long ball, or to get to their bullpen.

Tonight depends on Oakland's offense as much as Wade's pitching. They didn't get a hit off of Bedrosian in 2 innings. BEDROSIAN! The guy who gets chased out of every game by last place teams in less than 2/3 of an inning while giving up 3-5 runs. The Mariners aren't a good team to judge pitching off of because they either hit great or don't hit at all- they don't do mediocre offense. So maybe CJ and Wade got the bad version and we just couldn't tell so they looked great.

As for the postseason? Leblanc doesn't have great stuff but then again none of the AL playoff teams are hitting very well and all you have to do as a pitcher is to have a better night than the other guy's bats. if he bombs tonight, i think Scioscia has to leave him in and let him take the pummeling. if the A's knock him out of the park we'll know he won't be starting in October. My money would be on Rasmus any day over Leblanc.

Edited by JeanneusP