• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gotham

It was interesting for sure.  But the Nolan Batman is still in my mind, and I just can't help but keep comparing.  

Also, it looked like they tried to cram as many characters in the premiere as possible.  Just too much overkill.  My friend said, it was like it was supposed to be a 2 hour, so instead they made it into a 1 hour.  I would have been happy with just Gordon, Wayne, and Fishboy.

I think the show could work if done right. I still haven't watched the premiere but it's an interesting concept. I think WB should stay away from the Superman/Batman characters for TV. They'll never show the actual characters since they are their movie franchises. Stick to the characters that won't make great film characters. That's why Arrow is such a great show. Green Arrow is perfect for TV. Looking forward to the Flash as well.

I just got done watching the episode and I really liked it.  The dialogue really wasn't that great but that's typical for a pilot.  A lot of times the pilots of shows don't flow as well with how the season will be since they usually write and shoot them way before the other episodes in order to get a network to pick it up.  So we'll see how it goes the rest of the way.

I'm still finding myself comparing Nolans Batman to this.  And I just am not getting the Alfred character at all.  Same goes with Riddler.  Cat I'm kind of blah on, she's getting more annoying than anything.  Bruce is just a whole bunch of confusion.

Gordon and Penguin though I'm liking their development.  

I really enjoyed both episodes. It's not the best show ever but I think it's better than just entertaining. There are issues to work out for sure, but I'm looking forward to next week's episode. One thing I'm worried about is they have introduced too many characters and story arcs too quickly. This means they will have used up all their ideas for the characters pretty quickly and then have to get into ridiculous situations pretty soon. The shelf life on this show might not be long.

I actually liked Alfred in this series. It appears I'm the only one.

I really enjoyed both episodes. It's not the best show ever but I think it's better than just entertaining. There are issues to work out for sure, but I'm looking forward to next week's episode. One thing I'm worried about is they have introduced too many characters and story arcs too quickly. This means they will have used up all their ideas for the characters pretty quickly and then have to get into ridiculous situations pretty soon. The shelf life on this show might not be long.

I actually liked Alfred in this series. It appears I'm the only one.

I've heard a lot of criticism about Alfred also. I'm into him.

I'm Batman-obsessed so I will watch every episode even if it's bad. Much like Arrow and Agents of SHIELD. Didn't watch Smallville, though. I was a bitter person when I was a teenager, and only just recently shook some of the bitterness toward things I have no reason to hate. Smallville was one of them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked last night's episode. I think it's setting up the fall finale well. I thought the week before's episode was bad but this one was much better. Two weeks ago was a great episode. The consistency of the show week to week needs to improve and the show needs to find its voice but I like where it's headed.

Maybe a spoiler alert below.

Some of the problem I have with the show is that I see it being about the development of Gotham and its main players that lead to the Batman era. I am interested in how the Mob rose to power and how Jim Gordon climbed the ranks, I'm interested in Penguin and Cat even Fish because she is part of the Mob. But a lot of the time has been spent on the weekly escapades of common criminals like the stock broker fight club and balloon guy who really have no impact on the long term formation of Gotham. This week's crime at least had to do with a long term story arch as well. So I enjoyed that.

But a lot of the time has been spent on the weekly escapades of common criminals like the stock broker fight club and balloon guy who really have no impact on the long term formation of Gotham.

the stock broker fight club was lead by Black Mask, a major character in the Batman series. Though on the other hand my beef is I feel they have already ruined Black Mask's chracter by making him some corporate dude instead the leader of his own crime ring. I know all Batman stories/movies/comics/cartoons/etc. are all semi-different but this show is making some stupid decisions. Making Victor Zasz some type of hitman errand boy instead of just a run of the mill psychopathic serial killer pissed me off.

I mean they have to keep the idea that there are bad guys in the show but yea, the balloon guy, what the **** was that all about?