• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A successful pot raid

I was on a Grand Jury where the guy was not only cultivating about $700,000 worth of marijuana in converted rooms in a rental house but also had stockpiles of hash and about $400,000 grand in cash lying around the house. He claimed he was just a dispensary since he filed for a business license and hand wrote in his business is selling marijuana. He also had a hand written ledger of every customer and how much he had sold over the last two years.

We all wondered what we were needed for in this case and all I could figure out was they were training a new prosecutor on how to present evidence to a Grand Jury. He needed a lot of training but in two days of yawning testimony we agreed they had enough evidence to go to trial.

I'm concerned about the overreach of authority that cops seem to be getting away with more and more.  Botched raid, no real evidence these people were growing pot - just a suspicion because they bought some equipment to raise vegetables in their basement - and they both worked for the government with top-secret security clearance (which isn't easy to get, by the way).  And the cops were there for two hours looking for pot they didn't find because there was none there. 

Plain and simple, the police shouldn't have the authority to do that.  We shouldn't fear the police. 

"Nearly a year after the SWAT-style raid, the Hartes still don’t know what evidence deputies used to persuade a judge to grant a warrant to search their home in the 10300 block of Wenonga Lane on April 20. Their requests for records that could provide such information have been denied by the sheriff’s office."

That is pretty f**ked up. Our police force have far too much power.

• 3 weeks later...

If we can save just one life, it's all worth it.

Oh wait ... that's the gun debate argument.  

Never mind ... carry on.

Remember the times that:

1) this was actually the primary argument used by most people when speaking in support of an assault weapons ban

and

2) that time that dude murdered 20 or so children with a dime bag of weed

?

Me too.