• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

"Oh my God, babies have been killed, entire families murdered and massacred, reports of rape as a policy from captured Hamas terrorists and from eyewitnesses, bodies burned alive, 300+ killed at a rave this is a travesty!" Yes, but did those babies get beheaded?

CDN media

I just got back from Israel a couple months ago, it was a nice time.    I recall how it was so agricultural in the 90s, they had just a couple fast food places (things you think of as a kid).  I wanted to bring my Muslim wife with me, but she wasnt too interested.  Maybe next time.  All the family was asking to see her,.

Jaffa is a really cool city in or next to Tel Aviv, seemed like an Arab country, except the bars open late and people walking on the street, mostly Arab but Israelis welcome.  

I cant spend a ton of time there because theres too much horn honking, people cutting into each other, "chutzpah" but the food is really really good.. so good.

I have a nice family, they dont seem to use the horn, except my super right wing cousin.  Dude loves Bibi and always defends him.   The rest of my family, much more laid back, quite liberal but nothing in the annoying "SJW avatar" kind of way here.   One was an F-16 pilot for a while, now a commercial airline pilot.   We had our first family meeting with all the young cousins from everywhere this summer.   There was drinking each time and I liked that.  Some of them left early to do a protest against Bibi on the last day.   The aforementioned pilot, and all his buddies stopped attending what was a routine military planning thing him and the rest of the Top Gun there had been doing, in protest.  

My gramps came from Iran, his whole family was found slaughtered by him, throats cut open when he came home one day, took others away with him to what was Palestine.  My dad was the youngest of 7 siblings, and while many of his siblings participated in conflicts, he was in the most wars, with some brutal stories that fall through the cracks, and Im sure theres more he doesnt tell me.   The day he got out of the service, some hippie driving on the wrong side of the road clipped him so hard, he had to spend 6 months in the hospital and after getting bad blood, another 6 months (hepatitis).   He was the only one who left for USA.  He disliked his country for being nice to the people that tried to kill him and anyone like him.   He has grown to be OK with the Egyptians, it seems but never the Palestinians.

Hes a big time Republican here, and really angry often about the Dems.  Hes quite mad that Israel let this happen.  My other right wing cousin is also mad that Israel wasnt able to protect its people.  My grandfather's last name, which is mine, is well known among Persians.  I really didnt want to move to Beverly Hills (not my speed) but the wife really wanted to, and my name seems to carry a lot of weight around here with the older people I run into.

My cousins, they are all scared, going to bomb shelters that they are all familiar with, or getting ready to enter with a rifle, nothing in between.  They are nice, soft people who always felt bad for Palestinians, had them as friends and neighbors.  My lez cousin dated a Lebanese gal for a while, smokeshow....  I dated a (also really pretty) Palestinian girl once or twice while I was there.  She was in Ramat-Gan, a cool place that was upper class.   I think her family often travels to Switzerland, they have some money.

I say all this because I see quite often how each side is so generalized like "the palestinians" or "the jews", and I dont see my family, my friends there, or myself really falling into one of those groups.   If anyone wants to say a prayer for my family its appreciated.  If instead you say one for the innocent people on the other side as well, thats cool also.  

Hard times over here for me, but of course more so for them

3 minutes ago, cals said:

If we had a guessing game, “LA Persian Jewish” is not what I would have guessed for Mr. notherhalopour.

haha yeah, I dont have a name like that, but I get all this mail at my new place from old tenants with last names like "Terhani"

guess the ethnicity - difficulty level 0

1 hour ago, cals said:

I’m sure around kids he acts like an average dad and tones down the swearing and shit.  At least he’s not trying to queer them up so he might get a chickenhawk BJ in 2035.

You have to feel sorry for his kids. Most of us remember watching games , wrestling, and our dads yelling at us for not playing better. His kids are going to remember all the times they are noodles, watched some queer show ,and how mom made him do the laundry 

Get ready for @cals to use the face emoji. This White House is pants on head retarded. 

The White House is walking back Biden's statement that he saw photographic evidence of beheaded children

Later in the evening on Wednesday, a National Security official told NPR that Biden was referring to media reports when he made that remark. CNN reported Wednesday night that a White House official said that neither Biden nor the administration had seen these images and that Biden was referring to comments from Israeli officials and reports in the media.

Insider reached out to the White House to clarify Biden's remarks. The White House did not immediately respond.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/white-house-walking-back-bidens-034505559.html

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Get ready for @cals to use the face emoji. This White House is pants on head retarded. 

The White House is walking back Biden's statement that he saw photographic evidence of beheaded children

Later in the evening on Wednesday, a National Security official told NPR that Biden was referring to media reports when he made that remark. CNN reported Wednesday night that a White House official said that neither Biden nor the administration had seen these images and that Biden was referring to comments from Israeli officials and reports in the media.

Insider reached out to the White House to clarify Biden's remarks. The White House did not immediately respond.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/white-house-walking-back-bidens-034505559.html

@Make Angels Great Again?

1 minute ago, cals said:

Blinken 2 hours ago with Netanyahu:

"families were murdered. Children killed in front of their parents, parents killed in front of their children, and babies slaughtered. Young people burned alive"

This crap will go back and forth forever. I didn't make a stink of it until @AngelsLakersFan insisted I was retarded for believing it. I'm retarded for other reasons, but not that.