• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm still upbeat

that wasn't so much about the Angels as it was about the A's

They are a freaking juggernaut. 

They have a philosophy and we played right into their hands.  Their hitters work themselves into fastball counts and hammer the fastball.  Their pitchers keep themselves out of fastball counts and get outs on the breaking ball.  Everyone is on the same page because they only bring in certain types of players.  They all drink the cool aid because they have to.  If they don't, they get replaced by some other 27yo minor leaguer who will. 

Pretty much every big hit they had was on a fastball.  They key fastballs and piss on breaking balls all day.  It's so simple, but it works. 

They let other teams beat themselves. 

The Angels are a good team no doubt.  They have talented people.  They are a playoff caliber team, but they win because of baseline talent more than execution.  The philosophy is that guys should go out and do what they do best. 

The A's make every player do the same thing every time.  The lowest walk rate of any player on the team is about 8%. 

Juggernaut. 

I am as much impressed with their defense as their offense.  Every time it looked like we were getting a big hit the A's made a great defensive play.  From preventing runners from scoring in RISP on hits, to chasing down line drives in the gaps to diving stops on the infield.  That is what impressed me most about the A's this last weekend.  I am not down.  Despite being swept (and it happens) we are still in contention.  Everyone said they would be happy if they were within 5 games when Hamilton came back.  Guess what, we are 4.5 back and Hamilton is back.  Do we have to do better against AL West, but hey it is a long season.  Let's see what happens.

Good breakdown doc

Im still a believer this team is a wild card team. Oakland is the real deal. Not because of this weekend, but going back to last season. They are better than us....

....they are better than everyone else too. This is why I kind of chuckle that everyone is on suicide watch. Absolutely agree this weekend sucked. There will be more like it. But holy shit, 29otherteamswin.com are going to have the same complaints throughout the year.

When did Troll Daddy start up his own site?

He is on pace for 45 HRs and currently batting OPS over 800.  That isn't bad for toast.  Not good for his contract but anyone who really expected him to play worthy of his contract was foolish from the start.

Yup. I've never been a fan of the Pujols deal but if we get this that's a good thing. Mix in a few streaks of Vintage Pujols and it's the best we can hope for. 

Upbeat because the Angels are playing which means it the beer drinkin' patio sittin' season.

Not so upbeat about the Angels while they continue to play Ibanez as a #4 hitter and be bitch-slapped by teams in the west.

Probably be in 4th or 5th place after the Houston series.....I know......Debbie Downer.....but it is the fricken' pattern this year.

The series at Oakland was a bummer, but it happens to every team, and can happen against any opponent.   It happened the first three games of the season for the Angels.  Not much went right... even Gary DiSarcina cost the team a run or two, at least. 

My enthusiasm about Pujols' performance has subsided, but I didn't think he needed to be the old Pujols for the Angels to have a successful season.   They are still in good shape.  At this point, I'd be surprised if they were out of it with a week to go in the season.  Sure would be nice to avoid that one game playoff, though.