• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 MLB Predictions

AL WEST

Angels

A's

Mariners 

Texas

Houston

AL CENTRAL

Detroit 

KC

Twins

White Sox

Cleveland 

AL EAST

Rays

Yankees

Boston

Baltimore

Toronto

NL WEST

Giants

Dodgers

Padres

Rockies

Dbacks

NL CENTRAL

Cards

Brewers

Pirates 

Reds

Cubs

NL EAST

Nats

Braves

Marlins 

Mets 

Philly

AL playoffs

WC - Yankees, A's

AL Pennant - Angels

NL Playoffs

WC - Dodgers, Padres

NL Pennant - Nats

WS Winner - Angels

AL MVP - Trout

NL MVP - Posey

AL CY - Felix

NL CY - Fernandez

Predicitions:

The AL WEST top 4 will all be within 5 games of each other in a true dog fight for the division and wild card spots.  

The NL WEST will also be a dog fight with the top three listed.  The dogs will get out to a big lead and then almost miss the playoffs

The Cards will have 85 wins and will barely make the playoffs.  The bucs will be at or below .500

The Nats will win the east by 15 games.  

Detroit will barely be over .500.  

I like to be bold in mine.

ALW-A's, ALC-Royals, ALE-Rays

ALWC1-Boston,ALWC2-Angels

As for the NL, pretty standard Nats, Cards and Dodgers love but here are my surprises...which can be read about at Theoutsidecorner.com

Padres will make the playoffs, Pirates won't. Tigers and Rangers will both finish around.500, Mark Trumbo will leads all baseball with 45 HR's and Mike Trout will have the greatest season in the last decade since Bonds.

For me, it comes down to returning to the mean and the rest of the division improving. They lost Fister for basically nothing, Anibal will never be that good again, they lost Prince Fielder, they've lost Andy Dirks, Hunter is coming up on 40 and Miggy's entering the age where skills begin to gradually decline. Meanwhile the Royals have hit their window of opportunity and have improved as have the White Sox and Twins.

It's easy to see that team winning ten less games.

For me, it comes down to returning to the mean and the rest of the division improving. They lost Fister for basically nothing, Anibal will never be that good again, they lost Prince Fielder, they've lost Andy Dirks, Hunter is coming up on 40 and Miggy's entering the age where skills begin to gradually decline. Meanwhile the Royals have hit their window of opportunity and have improved as have the White Sox and Twins.

It's easy to see that team winning ten less games.

I hear what you're saying, but they are still the team to beat in the central division. I do believe Cleveland is going to give them fits however, and maybe to the point of making it real close in the end, possibly over taking them. Cleveland will need to pull some pitching out their arse if that is going to happen though. I'd like to see the White Sox make a case for themselves, but I believe they're at least a year or so away. 

Edited by Jim

Cards with 85 wins? lolz.

They are a friggin powerhouse.

Easy pick for the NL pennant.

I think the Cards are going to come way back to earth after that crazy anomaly with RISP.  They hit .330 in those situations.   I also have a hard time believing that even as good as Miller, Kelly, and Wacha are, that they post another collective sub 3 era.  And I don't think Matt Carpenter will ever come close to having another 7 WAR season. 

INF:  Matt Adams can mash and play a league average 1B, Kolten Wong is going to open some eyes, Peralta is an upgrade at SS, and Matt Carpenter will still be a solid leadoff guy while being solid with the glove.  Yadi is the best catcher in baseball.

INF Bench:  Descalso and Kozma - both proven ML players

OF:  Allen Craig is healthy, Bourjos is healthy and working with Vince Coleman on stealing bases, and Holliday is Holliday

OF Bench:  Jon Jay and Oscar Taveras (soon) who will vy for a starting spot and maybe push back to Craig to 1B.

Rotation:  Wainwright, Wacha, Lynn, Miller, Kelly (Anahiem native!), with Jaime Garcia on the DL

Say what you will about concerns with their youth, but I'd kill to have a 5th starter as good as Kelly.

Only part of the team I don't really know much about is the bullpen, outside of Trevor Rosenthal.  Wait and see?

If that isn't a team that screams 90+ wins, then I don't know what is.

AL WEST

Angels

A's

Rangers

Mariners

Astros

AL CENTRAL

Tigers

Indians

Royals

Twins

White Sox

AL EAST

Rays

Red Sox

Yankees

O's

Blue Jays

NL WEST

Giants

Dodgers

Padres

D-Backs

Rockies

NL CENTRAL

Cards

Pirates 

Reds

Brewers

Cubs

NL EAST

Nats

Braves

Marlins 

Phillies

Mets 

AL playoffs

WC - A's, Indians

AL Pennant - Tigers

NL Playoffs

WC - Dodgers, Pirates

NL Pennant - Cards

WS Winner - Cards

AL MVP - Trout

NL MVP - Posey

AL CY - Scherzer

NL CY - Wainwright

The team will lead the AL in doubles this year.

Josh Hamilton will have a nice bounce-back year with an OPS around .900

Trout's OPS will be well over 1.000, and he will win the MVP award.

Frieri will save at least 40 games.

Jeremy Berg and Matt Long will make significant contributions down the stretch.

The Angels will make the playoffs and advance past the first round.