• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Season Seat Holders

ispy45

From my rep about it;

"We have had a few changes with our forwarding feature this season.  First, it is now free.  Also, the feature will be made available 48 hours prior to each game, and there will be a loose maximum limit of 10 forwards per account."

Pretty much trying to get around people using Stubhub and making them use TicketExchange. But StubHub countered with making the shipping fee the same.

Forcing you to use their resale systems, so they get a chunk of the surcharges?

I don't think so.  They are more trying to control the market, so that when the Angels release all those group seats and saved seats, they can sell them instead of being undercut by season seat holders.  As seen from their 2009 financial statements, a big chunk of what they make is on seat sales.  Having season seat holders undercut them, and thus not able to sell seats they haven't sold are holding cuts into the bottom line quite a bit.  Even if they charge a resale fee of 10%, they would still make 0% on the seats they can't sell.  This way, they can make 10% on a few seats, and 100% after selling those empty seats.  

• 2 weeks later...

The new TicketExchange System is going to scare away a lot of season ticket holders.  It's awkward to use for Sellers and not heavily advertised for buyers to find. My tickets for tonights game were removed from sale at midnight so it appears you can't sell games the same day as the game. I relisted them and they were promply removed.

I can't afford season tickets unless I can sell 3/4 of them. I wonder how many people do the same thing I do? I expect many of those like me will give up their season seats next year.

The new TicketExchange System is going to scare away a lot of season ticket holders.  It's awkward to use for Sellers and not heavily advertised for buyers to find. My tickets for tonights game were removed from sale at midnight so it appears you can't sell games the same day as the game. I relisted them and they were promply removed.

I can't afford season tickets unless I can sell 3/4 of them. I wonder how many people do the same thing I do? I expect many of those like me will give up their season seats next year.

I see tickets for today's game on there, quite a few and as low as $8. Not sure why they pulled yours off.