• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to neuter this Dog before it bites

gotbeer

Cable companies have fought a la carte options for years.....

their reward for doing so is fueling the 'unplugged' population which no longer has traditional TV in their homes but watching everything on computers and hand held electronic devices.

the TV and cable folks are fighting a war of attrition (much of their own making) that they can't win.

technology is catching up with them and the public they've 'served' are actively looking to escape from their clutches.

As for the Dodgers Network -- the vision of years ago by Al Davis is about to become reality soon --- smaller crowds, fewer TV viewers.......but a lot more revenue as the telecasts get beamed to high end view viewers who can shell out the high subscription cost.

in the short run, it may work well,  Fewer fans, more revenue -- heaven!!  But over time, the fan base disappears without replenishment.

I've still got cable (won't pay extra for Time Warner and the Dogs) but am very tempted to just live with my MLB.com audio feed........best deal of all -- $14.95 for the entire season all MLB game radio broadcasts home and away ----- my automatic renewal just came in this week........ who needs the cable games?  baseball is better on the radio anyway.

Cable companies have fought a la carte options for years.....

their reward for doing so is fueling the 'unplugged' population which no longer has traditional TV in their homes but watching everything on computers and hand held electronic devices.

the TV and cable folks are fighting a war of attrition (much of their own making) that they can't win.

technology is catching up with them and the public they've 'served' are actively looking to escape from their clutches.

As for the Dodgers Network -- the vision of years ago by Al Davis is about to become reality soon --- smaller crowds, fewer TV viewers.......but a lot more revenue as the telecasts get beamed to high end view viewers who can shell out the high subscription cost.

in the short run, it may work well,  Fewer fans, more revenue -- heaven!!  But over time, the fan base disappears without replenishment.

I've still got cable (won't pay extra for Time Warner and the Dogs) but am very tempted to just live with my MLB.com audio feed........best deal of all -- $14.95 for the entire season all MLB game radio broadcasts home and away ----- my automatic renewal just came in this week........ who needs the cable games?  baseball is better on the radio anyway.

Good stuff.

I didn't click on this link, but in the LA Times article, the Dodgers spokesape said that this network is in "the best interests of the fans". 

Oh for Pete's sake.

Good stuff.

I didn't click on this link, but in the LA Times article, the Dodgers spokesape said that this network is in "the best interests of the fans". 

Oh for Pete's sake.

It's in the best interest of their fans.  It's the other 90% of So Cal viewers that get screwed to shell out more money on their cable/dish bill.  

I hate the fact that I have to use Cox in my area. FIOS is not available due to territorial overlap with Cox and I find that very frustrating.

The only other real option is satellite and it is not as fast as Cox is. Frankly it is monopolizing territory and not giving me, the consumer, a real choice.

There will never be an al a carte option for TV channels. Every channel is owned by one of 6 companies; CBS, Comcast, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner, or News Corp. Unless one of them are willing to go against the others, they will be able to strong arm cable companies into offering packages of channels you will never watch.

naw.

itll happen one day. cable is a behemoth but its a dying industry.

my vision: apple buys HBO and ESPN, makes those plus their entire iTunes available monthly ala netflix. for $10-12 a month you get all of that if you have an apple tv. the masses will flock. 

Edited by mrwicked