• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Saturday night shenanigan

Just returned from Angels Fan Fest. Hats off to the lads and lassies who put so much work into an awesome event. I use the word awesome too much, like most southern Californians who speak English, but tonight it genuinely applies.

Now I'm back in my hotel room with my feet up watching two homos on some HGTV show trying to figure out where to buy a home. One of them just said, "we don't need bunk beds.". I guess that's because no one in the house needs to be on top.

Anyways, good time tonight in meeting some folk from the board such as Jody, Angelsredrum and some others. Surprisingly, no one wanted to hit me in the face. I got to sit next to PercySquint who regaled me with imitations of Gary Busey as Hannibal Lector and Gary Busey as Marlon Brando in Apocolypse Now. They were remarkably the same, but equally entertaining(?).

Also at my table were some nice ladies who have season seats near me so they took me under their wing since I'm flying solo and allowed me and my white linen jacket to sit at their table. So, there's me and PercySquint, killing it with the hat. We are a well-adjusted bunch.

Tim Salmon kicked off the night with interesting and thoughtful answers to our questions. He advised the athlete in us to stay nervous.

Sadly, there was a death in Arte Moreno's family this week, so he could not join us. But Jerry dipoto was there and I swear he has his hair trimmed to a specific height every day. Perhaps Jose Mota keeps a pair of hedge trimmers handy.

Victor Rojas was the highlight of the round table of writers and broadcasters, telling us a couple good stories about Gabe Kapler and A-rod. If it wasn't so g-damn hard to type all this on an iPad I'd regurgitate it here, but let's just say that, in the words of James Brown, Victor don't take no mess.

There was a nice showing of some of our more promising minor leaguers including Kohl Calhoun and Travis Witherspoon (had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't tell him I could be the Crockett to his Tubbs, not that his youth would allow him to be in on the joke). You know it's not a bad night when you have the last Angels pitcher from today's 26 hour game sitting at your table, with the cra-cray sunburn to show for it.

I had enchiladas.

My hands hurt from typing. I'm outta here.

Btw, the fruits went with a condo.

DR wasn't hungover this morning.  DR had to catch an early flight. 

If it makes you feel any better -- and it should -- I'm watching an episode of Miami Vice right now called "Down for the Count" (Part I).  The second part of the episode makes me sad so I have to fastforward some of it.

The episode "Heart of Night" is not one of my favorites.  The teaser is shot day for night and looks bad, although there is a good shoot out.  I recommend the sort of prequel to this episode called "Golden Triangle."  It's a two parter and is among my favorite Vice.

Back to last night...I killed a pack of Twizzlers in my hotel room and they were all fantastic.  Each and every one of them.  I passed out in a heap of sugar sometime around midnight.  Of course, the one night I can sleep well, I gotta be up at 7am to get to the airport.  My hotel people told me yesterday that the shuttle leaves every half hour so I bust my arse to get down to the lobby just before 7.  And there's no shuttle.  The dude pulls up ten minutes later and tells me he's got to wait about half an hour.  You can imagine my joy.  I nearly jumped him Tubbs style and took away his keys. 

But, I was patient, ordered a $2.45 coffee (black), and finally got on the shuttle thanks to the Shuttle Master giving me permission.  Got on my flight and I was tempted to ask the steward if he happened to catch any shows on HGTV last night. 

I love landing at John Wayne Airport.  So fresh and so clean.

Nice meeting you for a sec DR! I dug the coat

The pleasure, the privelege was mine, Katie.  Great to finally meet you.  We'll try to chat for more than 5 seconds next time around.  You may have left before Blarg tried on my white coat.  He looked better in it than I do, though I can't say that's a huge endoresement. 

The pleasure, the privelege was mine, Katie.  Great to finally meet you.  We'll try to chat for more than 5 seconds next time around.  You may have left before Blarg tried on my white coat.  He looked better in it than I do, though I can't say that's a huge endoresement. 

To die by your side.....

Lol nope I didn't see that. In fact I don't even think I've met Blarg yet haha