• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Latest from the AngelsWin.com Blog - AngelsWin.com Podcast Show - March 11, 2013

WEEKLY-PODCAST.gif

Sabermetrics!  The new lens with which many view the game of baseball!  

So ummm … what is it?  What are all these new stats and measurements that GMs and commentators are using to evaluate the players we love (and hate)?  Does it sometimes seem like you need to be a rocket scientist to figure this stuff out?  Well, it feels that way to us too sometimes.  So we decided to bring in Robert Cunningham, AngelsWin.com member and real life rocket scientist, to help us make sense of this stuff.  

Join host Geoff Stoddart and AngelsWin.com founder Chuck Richter as they talk with Robert about how pitching stats like WHIP, FIP and xFIP apply to the the Angels staff.  Do the changes that Jerry Dipoto made to our starting rotation during the offseason make sense?  Is the marine layer actually going to be our friend this year?

Listen to internet radio with AngelsWin on Blog Talk Radio
5PZJuEqBPYM

View the full article

Robert did a great job last night!  I'm anxious to have him dive deeper into other sabermetrics stats throughout the season!

Thanks for the kind words and I plan to sharpen it up more in future talks. A "rough" first start but that's what Spring Training podcasts are for I suppose? :P