• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Move Trumbo back to 3b

NrM

This board has a boner for 3rd base. Trumbo's value wouldn't be any higher at 3rd because his defense would be so atrocious it would negate any production he provides on offense, which isn't spectacular to begin with.

He could improve with time, but I really don't see him becoming a solid defender over there.

This board has a boner for 3rd base. Trumbo's value wouldn't be any higher at 3rd because his defense would be so atrocious it would negate any production he provides on offense, which isn't spectacular to begin with.

He could improve with time, but I really don't see him becoming a solid defender over there.

So what do the angels have to lose by trying him out at 3b this year again?

Nothing? Gotchya.

I never said there was anything to lose. I just don't see any point to it. I mean the odds are pretty slim he'll stick at 3rd. Why not call up someone like Green and give him a shot? His defense wouldn't be any worse and who knows, maybe his bat will be a nice boost to the lineup.

Trumbo's bat and defense are not going to change regardless. Unless the idea is to open up the 1B/DH spot for Cron then it really doesn't have a point other than to have a guy who happens to hit homeruns playing 3rd.

So what do the angels have to lose by trying him out at 3b this year again?

Nothing? Gotchya.

He would lose time playing 1B where he can improve a little and may be needed if Albert isn't able to play there as often next year and beyond.

Green won't get reps at 3B where he could be playing next year and beyond.

We won't see what we have in Jimenez who could play 3B for next year and beyond.

I'd have no problem with him being given a chance to play the position, not necessarily to be an every day starter, but as a spot starter, or to start when you are playing in NL ball parks. I don't think he could ever be above average, but I wouldn't have an issue with him playing there when you have a fly ball pitcher going.