• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gaining velocity

I think those that are considering a 2014 rotation comprised mostly of 2013 parts aren't reading the proverbial tea leaves correctly.  Those guys simply didn't cut it in 2013 and we know that Arte hates losing and is prone to making big splashes in an attempt to lure fans and build a winner.  Sure, I think you'll see Weav, CJ and Richards.  If Hanson is lights out in August and September you'll probably see him too.  But I think Arte and Dipoto have their sites set on someone that's much more of a mid/front of the rotation pitcher.  Because after all, no matter how much I think Richards is going to be a solid #2-3-4 SP, he hasn't done it yet, and Hanson is far from a sure-thing given the ups and downs he's experienced the past 3 years.  There's even Weav's freak injury and Wilson's past inconsistencies to consider.  

I think that if the Angels are looking to contend in 2014, it's considerably more likely they sign or trade for a pitcher who is a lock for 200 innings at an ERA 3.50 or under.  I'm talking a Zack Greinke type of arm.  I don't know if they'll try to get it via free agency with Garza or Kuroda or if they'll try to trade for someone like Hellickson, but I think they'll try to get one.  If Hanson's velocity doesn't remain high or his results aren't where they need to be in August and September, I think it's likely the Angels will go after two mid-rotation type of arms, which would cost a lot of money/prospects. 

Either way, I think these next two months are an audition for Hanson in 2014.