• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels lose Niko Goodrum on waivers to the Pirates, 40 man spot opened

It is somewhat unusual that they'd do this without a corresponding move.  I mean, he sucks, so I don't care that he's gone--but it's not like they didn't know that 2 or 3 weeks ago.  I wonder if there's a chance this could be to clear space for one of the relievers at Rocket City who isn't currently on the 40-man?  Maybe they'll bring up one of them this week?

Edited by jsnpritchett

3 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

Maybe Biggio coming in ?

Maybe?

But if they claim a position player like Biggio or Ramirez, they’d probably be taking Cole Tucker’s spot. And Tucker is out of options, so he’d need to be DFA’d— which would open up a 40-man spot.

3 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Trevor Bauer, just enough time to get some trade value before the deadline!!

If no team wants to sign him for league minimum right now, what makes you think they’ll want to give up an asset for him in 1.5 months?

9 hours ago, BTH said:

Maybe?

But if they claim a position player like Biggio or Ramirez, they’d probably be taking Cole Tucker’s spot. And Tucker is out of options, so he’d need to be DFA’d— which would open up a 40-man spot.

I am taking Biggio over Tucker any day of the week 

41 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

I am taking Biggio over Tucker any day of the week 

Neither is great but Biggio has some history of producing, Tucker doesn’t. But honestly, Biggio seems like he’s Fletcher Part 2….Got off to a good start but has regressed pretty steadily. 

I could see them adding another arm like Logan Allen instead of another bat, otherwise they could’ve just kept Goodrum. Someone to eat innings with Detmers MIA. Suarez, Contreras and Allen can fight for starts. R5 Shane Drohan could be a pick-up too, especially if Suarez is taking Detmers’ spot.

I don’t know that Biggio offers that much more ceiling any longer to bother with claiming, especially with Stefanic back and Sano, Drury and/or Rendon not too far off. We have enough infielders.

Harold Ramirez could be a better DFA bat target than Biggio I think. Some 1B/LF/DH coverage - especially if Ward is on chopping block. Offers more coverage at 1B if Schanuel winds up being demoted at any point, sort of a right-handed version of Willie Calhoun. Avisail Garcia fits that type too.

Edited by totdprods

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

I could see them adding another arm like Logan Allen instead of another bat, otherwise they could’ve just kept Goodrum. Someone to eat innings with Detmers MIA. Suarez, Contreras and Allen can fight for starts. R5 Shane Drohan could be a pick-up too, especially if Suarez is taking Detmers’ spot.

But whose spot would they take on the active roster?

Pitching staff seems pretty set in stone until trades are made.