• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/13/24): Cardinals @ Angels: Soriano on the mound, Adell hitting 2nd

i never thought i'd be a little defensive about willie calhoun being moved out of the clean up spot, but here we are.

put him back, wash.

Didn't Wash just talk about why he didn't want Adell in the top half of the lineup? 

Then he moves him to the 2 slot. 

Hasn't Willie Calhoun been a hit machine since he got here? 

Moves him down in the lineup. 

Didn't Wash say he wanted consistent lineups? 

Seems like it's shuffled every game. 

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

Didn't Wash just talk about why he didn't want Adell in the top half of the lineup? 

Then he moves him to the 2 slot. 

Hasn't Willie Calhoun been a hit machine since he got here? 

Moves him down in the lineup. 

Didn't Wash say he wanted consistent lineups? 

Seems like it's shuffled every game. 

I think it's pretty clear now that Washington just kinda makes shit up as he goes. Says a lot of things that sound positive and upbeat in the moment, but don't really mean much in the long run. He's flip-flopped several times regarding his lineup decisions, whether the team is rebuilding or built to win, etc. 

I wouldn't put too much stock in anything he says at all at this point. 

19 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I think it's pretty clear now that Washington just kinda makes shit up as he goes. Says a lot of things that sound positive and upbeat in the moment, but don't really mean much in the long run. He's flip-flopped several times regarding his lineup decisions, whether the team is rebuilding or built to win, etc. 

I wouldn't put too much stock in anything he says at all at this point. 

Arte/Perry playing 4D chess: They signed RW knowing they were going to suck for a few years, but wanted a guy who could keep spirits up and help the young guys develop a positive attitude. RW is there to help build a Rocky Balboa attitude, which which build up until they sneak into a wildcard berth in 2027.

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

10 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

There is no Star power on this team without Trout.  If ownership doesn’t sign Burnes & Guerrero Jr. the team will be mediocre for a long time.

Guerreo Jr. isn't a free agent until 2026. 

20 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

There is no Star power on this team without Trout.  If ownership doesn’t sign Burnes & Guerrero Jr. the team will be mediocre for a long time.

They were not doing any better with Trout in the lineup, so I doubt the lack of star power will make much difference. It is good to have star power for sure, but without production is multiple places in the batting order, along with more consistent pitching, that star power doesn't really matter much other than maybe better optics.