• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/10/24 Apple TV+): Royals @ Angels: Canning on the mound, Goodrum at 3B, Guillorme at 2B

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Washington just said he put that play on because "it was the perfect situation with the perfect player at bat."  I fail to see how Moniak is the "perfect player" to execute a suicide squeeze.

What he meant was, “Moniak strikes out a ton, so we wanted to avoid that” 

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

...and of course right after I say that, Moniak squeeze bunted into a double play.  I wish I was joking.

As they went to commercial, Dontrelle Willis said, "I'm sorry, Wayne.  I'm speechless."  lol

Lou wanted Dontrelle for the Angels broadcast bumping Gubi back to KC. Lou was a smart man. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

What he meant was, “Moniak strikes out a ton, so we wanted to avoid that” 

Well, they avoided a strike out and traded it for an inning ending double play. All in all, the strikeout probably would have been the better outcome. 

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Washington just said he put that play on because "it was the perfect situation with the perfect player at bat."  I fail to see how Moniak is the "perfect player" to execute a suicide squeeze.

He's perfect if you need a quick strikeout to get everyone home a few minutes earlier

45 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Canning looks pretty good tonight.  It'd be nice to have back-to-back solid outings from him.

He's been ramping up as his FB has. 

I don't think we have had anyone in the rotation who is as reliant on his FB to set up the rest of his repertoire as Canning is.  He needs to be touching 94, it sets everything he does up.  He doesn't need for it go be elite but its almost comical how you can see the difference in real time. Once he starts to dip below 93 his change/slider go from put away pitches to meh.

23 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Jo Adell has no reason at all to relinquish his position in right field and it's time for Washington to quit trying to teach him a humility lesson and move him down in the batting order. 

Yeah, the school of hard knocks is fine and all that but he's been the one dishing out the hard knocks and it's time to buy into him having it put it together.