• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Throwback Unis in 2024?

Think I recall teams were limited to four jerseys in 2023 - home, road, alternate, and city connect (if eligible, it was required to be an option even if not used, I think). 

Would be cool if Angels ditched all red for some throwbacks for the fourth next year.

(Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere, not reading as much here lately)

Edited by totdprods

I hope it’s right, but the “source” of this speculation is suspect.

The speculation is because an MLB shop listing says, “on field.”

Could easily be a mistake or mislabel. And it’s technically not wrong either, since they did wear those hats for 2 games in 2023.

I'm conflicted.  I like the hats and jerseys.   I bought two hats when I saw them a month ago.    I was hoping to be one of a few that got em.... because that seems to happen with some of the old school Angels gear... it just goes away.  Now everyone's grandpa will have one.   

12 hours ago, totdprods said:

Think I recall teams were limited to four jerseys in 2023 - home, road, alternate, and city connect (if eligible, it was required to be an option even if not used, I think). 

Would be cool if Angels ditched all red for some throwbacks for the fourth next year.

(Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere, not reading as much here lately)

100% I'd be cool with that. 

I mean, may be a ‘suspect’ source or flimsy evidence of a change but I don’t think it’s too radical of an idea that they skip the all red alt jerseys and roll with a throwback for a season. Net some additional jersey income with Ohtani gone.

Without a doubt my favorite Angels logo...although the lowercase "a" one is a close second...

image.png.e013dd043b8fb5e7cf61546ec4e16d4e.png

image.png.c7504a1ab06a9b1a267287022b1c8042.png

21 hours ago, Russell Feathers said:

It better be with the pull-overs, not the button-downs they wore this year

Actually, I thought the button-downs looked a lot better. 

The pull-overs look like they're made for a little league team...

4 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Actually, I thought the button-downs looked a lot better. 

The pull-overs look like they're made for a little league team...

agree 1000%.

i hated the pullovers, and the little league analogy is accurate.

• 3 weeks later...

Are they limited to 4 uniforms again? Anyone know? I like the City Connect but does this mean they wont be wearing that at all?

The one I dislike a lot is the road grey. It's just boring. Uniwatch agrees..says they should wear their red tops on the road, always... I'm assuming unless the home team in those games wears red as their primary or alternate home jersey. Which I think only the Rangers, Red Sox and Reds do. Phillies are apparently ditching the red for 2024 and they play here anyway. D'Backs have an alternate red. 

They had a four plus one rule for 2023, meaning, Home, Road, and two Alternates. Some of you hate the red, but I like the red with road or home pants.

If it were up to me, I'd do the Home Whites, Make Red and Grey Road Primary but also wear the Red with the White pants at home like on Fridays or something. Then you have the alternate which is cool 70's throwback apparently, and the city connect, leaving one more alternate, in which I would do a 90's throwback Navy Blue top, but with the current "A" logo instead of the CA, which I do love.