• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tim Anderson rumor

ScottT

I really hope not. Since the rumor is coming from Bob Nightengale it could be bullshit. Dude is very unlikeable (apparently Jose Ramirez thinks the same), and he was garbage last year.

Have we not learned that picking up trash and hoping they rebound just isn't working out here?

Jose Ramirez knocks out Tim Anderson. : r/ClevelandGuardians

10 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I really hope not. Since the rumor is coming from Bob Nightengale it could be bullshit. Dude is very unlikeable (apparently Jose Ramirez thinks the same), and he was garbage last year.

Have we not learned that picking up trash and hoping they rebound just isn't working out here?

Shhhh, he’s very sleepy

52 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

With Anderson halos have a one two punch with Rendon

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

Where would Drury play if you sign Anderson to play 2b?  1b and give Schanuel time at AAA?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/11/angels-interested-in-tim-anderson.html

Drury at 3B. 

Last year we had an abundance of IF and we still had to dip into the minors.

Rendon shouldn't be counted on for anything.

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Drury at 3B. 

Last year we had an abundance of IF and we still had to dip into the minors.

Rendon shouldn't be counted on for anything.

I get that but fitting both Drury and Rengifo in to the lineup, with Anderson, could be a squeeze....and I know it isn't going to happen but if Rendon is reasonably healthy, he's going to play....

4 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I think they'll be a lot of moving pieces this off season.  I'm guessing Minasian will be making some trades to bolster the lineup and if they sign Anderson - that would be a sign to me that Drury or Rengifo (or both) are being moved.

That would make some sense....I get depth, and we saw this year that you can load up and it still might not be enough but if you could move either for a decent pitcher, I'd think about it....and I would assume Perry and maybe Wash think Anderson is a good bounce back candidate...All of that said, whether it's Drury or Rengifo, you just have to have an every day option to cover 3b and not just a stop gap....

12 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Did not like Washington as manager but he could be good for Anderson. I think direction halos going will be signing lower end FA and flip them at deadline. Same amount of money trade Drury now and Anderson later and get some decent prospects. 

I might be more willing to trade Rengifo than Drury......I like them both but Rengifo might (not sure) have a bit more value, assuming his medicals are ok....

11 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm assuming Ohtani is going so DH is open.

True.....and Rengifo might be a pretty good fit for a few times a week...play him some in the field but DH pretty often....I wouldn't sign a JD Martinez type of all DH guy, rather have good depth all around and rotate some....with one guy getting the most AB's, maybe Rengifo....🤷‍♂️

This feels like the most halo deal ever... a signing a guy that had a worse year than what we already have and paying him more than what we pay the guys we have.
I dont see the sense in this one at all... whatever it is they think they see i hope it works out as thats a large chunk to pay for what could be a downgrade. 

49 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think Anderson gets a better contract than most here think he will get. It’ll be at least one year plus a player option, at around $12-15 million a season. 

and while Drury and Rengifo didn't suck defensively, Tim Anderson is a much better defensive middle infielder than the two and I know Minasian is really trying to bolster run prevention this offseason. 

You can trade one of or both of Rengifo and Drury and get back some solid SP/RP and get Anderson on the cheap via FA. 

I'm not saying I'm for that, but it's a thought. 

52 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I might be more willing to trade Rengifo than Drury......I like them both but Rengifo might (not sure) have a bit more value, assuming his medicals are ok....

Drury is FA after 2024 and Rengifo is still cheap.. I'm assuming halos going in new direction and trying to build around young players they have. This might include try and trade Trout if he wants to list teams he would go to. With Ohtani gone I would like to see new direction. 

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

and while Drury and Rengifo didn't suck defensively, Tim Anderson is a much better defensive middle infielder than the two and I know Minasian is really trying to bolster run prevention this offseason. 

You can trade one of or both of Rengifo and Drury and get back some solid SP/RP and get Anderson on the cheap via FA. 

I'm not saying I'm for that, but it's a thought. 

Anderson also would give you an option if Neto has more injury issues or hits a Sophomore slump....

27 minutes ago, floplag said:

This feels like the most halo deal ever... a signing a guy that had a worse year than what we already have and paying him more than what we pay the guys we have.
I dont see the sense in this one at all... whatever it is they think they see i hope it works out as thats a large chunk to pay for what could be a downgrade. 

Assuming it's a 1 year deal I disagree. I like signing good players who had a bad year on 1 year prove it deals. I wanted bellinger last year. Even Noah S is a good example. It didn't work out great and we still got a nice trade for him. 

Angels mistakes have been poor huge long term deals.