• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani had surgery this morning

jsnpritchett

How does this affect his Free Agency?  Or does it?

Does he sign a 2yr deal now?  So show he can do both again at a high level in 2025 and then re-enter free agency?

or will some team give him that record contract he wants with the question marks attached?

Just now, Biergott said:

How does this affect his Free Agency?  Or does it?

Does he sign a 2yr deal now?  So show he can do both again at a high level in 2025 and then re-enter free agency?

or will some team give him that record contract he wants with the question marks attached?

I'm guessing the latter.

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

(English translation of Ohtani's Japanese passages)

I underwent surgery this early morning and it was a success.

Unwillingly, I had to leave the team in the middle of the season. I will pray for the team's victory in the remaining games, and I will do my best to return to the ground as soon as possible.

Edited by FromJapan
Updete the text

37 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Ok honestly though how much is a guy who will only DH in 2024 going to cost

Someone is going to pay him with the expectation that he'll be pitching again in 2025, and for the duration of the contract.  The question is, how many teams are willing to take that risk.  The Dodgers may do it, although they need pitching.  Perhaps they would hope Kershaw is able to stick around for 1 more season, and Ferris comes back strong next season following his TJ surgery.