• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who is this Daniel fellow?

ELEVEN

1 hour ago, Tank said:

daniel davis is someone that @Docwaukee has been talking about for a few years now. 

I would actually defer to @Inside Pitch on this one mostly.  What I've seen of him is a really deceptive fastball that he would move around the plate very well.  It was one of those pitches where batters would swing through it and wonder how they missed it.  But guys just kept missing it.  His poor performance in 2021 at AAA was something I expected because I couldn't imagine that thing playing at altitude but he actually held his own last year.  

I could be wrong, but the secondary pitches weren't anything too exciting.  The curve would get loopy and the slider was the better of the two and probably avg.  And I can't really recall the quality of his change.  

If I'm trying to be impartial, I'd say he's got back of the rotation upside just based on stuff, but he has a knack for outpitching his stuff.  And not in a Barria sort of way but somehow he misses bats more than you'd expect.  More than I'd expect at least.  

He certainly showed the ability to not get rattled by runners on base and get himself out of trouble. He showed a lot of composure out there tonight. However, if you keep putting Major League hitters on base with no outs, most teams are eventually going to score a lot of runs. The Indians are one of the 3 worst teams hitting with RISP in MLB this season, and they put that on display tonight.