• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So who fills out the rotation with Ohtani done pitching and Giolito gone?

Chuck

Also, with Chase Silseth in concussion protocol. 

Davis Daniel or Victor Mederos to join Detmers, Sandoval, Anderson and Canning? Obviously Silseth should go back to the rotation once he's off the IL. 

Now that Ohtani is out of the rotation and even if re-signed next year to DH he's out if he gets surgery, do the Angels go back to a 5-man rotation?

Thoughts? 

They HAVE to go to a 5 man rotation. They will have 1 less pitching spot on the roster, without Ohtani as a 2 way player (or not on the team) and we know how taxed the bullpen was this year.

Detmers, Sandy, Canning and Silseth would be 4, hopefully all inspired by a new pitching pitching coach. They need to get rid of Anderson by offering takers to pick up 50% of his remaining salary.

Sign Blake Snell and at least 3 relief pitchers equal to Moore and Lopez or better. This is the very minimum they NEED to do.

(This is what they need to do for next year. I don't care what they do this year.)

4 minutes ago, drpiranha said:

They HAVE to go to a 5 man rotation. They will have 1 less pitching spot on the roster, without Ohtani as a 2 way player (or not on the team) and we know how taxed the bullpen was this year.

Detmers, Sandy, Canning and Silseth would be 4, hopefully all inspired by a new pitching pitching coach. They need to get rid of Anderson by offering takers to pick up 50% of his remaining salary.

Sign Blake Snell and at least 3 relief pitchers equal to Moore and Lopez or better. This is the very minimum they NEED to do.

You want the guy who said he was risking his life playing baseball during COVID? I personally think a big reason the organization has struggled is the lack of grit etc, whatever you want to call it which creates a winning culture. Not sure this guy changes that, seems he may be more of the same. 

Edited by James

1 hour ago, James said:

You want the guy who said he was risking his life playing baseball during COVID? I personally think a big reason the organization has struggled is the lack of grit etc, whatever you want to call it which creates a winning culture. Not sure this guy changes that, seems he may be more of the same. 

Bryce Harper and others agreed with Snell. Jarrod Walsh had COVID 3 times. It ruined his baseball career.

They have go with a 5 man rotation next year unless they have 4 or 5 relief pitchers that have options.  Honestly they may need 6 or 7 with options if they use the 6 man rotation.

6 starters means one less Relief pitcher.  When they blow out the pen due to back to back games where the starter only goes 4 innings, they will need the flexibility to send guys down and call up fresh arms.

3 hours ago, BTH said:

If they want to stick with a 6-man rotation, Mederos probably starts on Sunday.

If they want to go to a 5-man rotation, Anderson and Detmers can pitch on 4 days rest Sun/Mon with Silseth coming back Tuesday.

Would like to see Anderson get a breather….not trashing him but this is a lost season for him….give somebody else a look….

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Nor does it make it an isolated case. And it isn’t any kind of sign that the player lacks grit. 

Uh I think it could be a sign.  Making such an idiotic unquestioning statement speaks to a certain mentality.  But the fact is neither you nor I factually know  Blake Snells grit rating, even though you as the new Lifetime will continue to argue otherwise.  

20 minutes ago, full circle said:

Uh I think it could be a sign.  Making such an idiotic unquestioning statement speaks to a certain mentality.  But the fact is neither you nor I factually know  Blake Snells grit rating, even though you as the new Lifetime will continue to argue otherwise.  

No, I won’t argue otherwise.  I won’t assume he’s weak because of his opinion on Covid. I’ll leave that to guys like you, new Clod.  Also, link?

16 hours ago, Stradling said:

No, I won’t argue otherwise.  I won’t assume he’s weak because of his opinion on Covid. I’ll leave that to guys like you, new Clod.  Also, link?

If you need a link to what he said, you must not follow baseball very closely or you are being passive aggressive. Pretty easy to find the article to find. 

'Bro, I'm risking my life': Rays' Snell says playing for reduced pay not worth it | Tampa Bay Rays | The Guardian

But there you go. He is at a point of his life that he cares more about his money. Thats fine but I think the organization should steer clear of guys that think like this. 

Edited by James

23 hours ago, BTH said:

If they want to stick with a 6-man rotation, Mederos probably starts on Sunday.

If they want to go to a 5-man rotation, Anderson and Detmers can pitch on 4 days rest Sun/Mon with Silseth coming back Tuesday.

Yeah. It's not like they need 5 days off to recover from pitching 3.2 innings a week.