• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/23/23 Game 1 1pm) Reds @ Angels: Ohtani on the mound, no Trout or Schanuel

4 minutes ago, T.G. said:

so...why did Ohtani leave the game?  any word yet?

His four seamer was topping out at 94 in the first inning. By the second it barely ticked past 90. The last time that happened he had Tommy John surgery. They are saying arm fatigue but he was removed from the game. My guess is he has an appointment over at Kerlan Jobe across the parking lot today. 

I wonder if Ohtani thinks it's worth the risk to keep playing and put his financial future in jeopardy with injuries. Or still try and rewrite the record books with his personal stats. Which will it be? 

Now that the playoffs are out of the mix all he has left for motivation are personal objectives. 

I think he will reduce his pitching starts and probably take a few more DH  games off. But I don't see him being passive and quietly drifting into free agency. 

4 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

I wonder if Ohtani thinks it's worth the risk to keep playing and put his financial future in jeopardy with injuries. Or still try and rewrite the record books with his personal stats. Which will it be? 

Now that the playoffs are out of the mix all he has left for motivation are personal objectives. 

I think he will reduce his pitching starts and probably take a few more DH  games off. But I don't see him being passive and quietly drifting into free agency. 

I also said something to that effect and got scalded. Not allowed to have opinions here that the mods don't agree with.

Just now, VladdyforHOF said:

I also said something to that effect and got scalded. Not allowed to have opinions here that the mods don't agree with.

I'm not a mod.  And I didn't "scald" you (nor did I scold you...).  I posted an emoji reaction.  No one said you couldn't post your opinion. 

1 minute ago, VladdyforHOF said:

He's the team's spokesman. He said the team was "aloof" under Maddon last year. Big words from a small fry.

If "aloof" is slang for playing baseball, and exhibiting very poor fundamentals while doing it, he was spot on.

One team is 4 for 6 with RISP today. One team is 1 for 7. Watching this team the last 4 weeks has been like watching Groundhog Day. Except in the Angels' version Bill Murray doesn't wake up with Andie MacDowell at the end. He just wakes up alone, or maybe with a horse's head in his bed.