• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout hitting off machine today, Canning ready to come back

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Detmers out of rotation, Canning in rotation 

Trout hopefully back this coming Friday for the start of the homestand?   That will have been 6+ weeks out.

Detmers seems to pitch well for an inning or two before he gets lit up….maybe work him out of the bullpen for a bit and, if he does well, decide in the off-season where he fits in for next year?….

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Could send Detmers down to AAA to work on things similar to last year. Rosters expand on the 1st so that could give him 3 starts in AAA and then the team can reevaluate his role for that final month. 

2 hours ago, DMVol said:

Detmers seems to pitch well for an inning or two before he gets lit up….maybe work him out of the bullpen for a bit and, if he does well, decide in the off-season where he fits in for next year?….

Reminds me a lot of Heaney. Heaney could be cruising for 3 or 4 innings and look completely unhittable and then one bad walk or home run and suddenly the wheels come off. Have to wonder how much of it is mental

6 minutes ago, redoctober2002 said:

Could send Detmers down to AAA to work on things similar to last year. Rosters expand on the 1st so that could give him 3 starts in AAA and then the team can reevaluate his role for that final month. 

Reminds me a lot of Heaney. Heaney could be cruising for 3 or 4 innings and look completely unhittable and then one bad walk or home run and suddenly the wheels come off. Have to wonder how much of it is mental

I don't think Detmers would go to the next level in the pen. A demotion would make more sense. I guess that or going to the Dodgers. 

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Worked with Syndergaard. 

You keep bringing up Syndergaard. So, the Dodgers' pitching coaches suck because they can't fix 100% of the veteran pitchers they bring in? Let's compare the Dodgers, Astros, Braves and Rays consistency in getting the most out of their players over the last 5 years compared to every other team in baseball. It's not just luck, and with the Astros, it's no longer because they're cheating. They have better organizational scouting, player development and coaching. I hate the Dodgers and the Astros, but I have to give them credit where credit is due.

1 minute ago, gurn67 said:

You keep bringing up Syndergaard. So, the Dodgers' pitching coaches suck because they can't fix 100% of the veteran pitchers they bring in? Let's compare the Dodgers, Astros, Braves and Rays consistency in getting the most out of their players over the last 5 years compared to every other team in baseball. It's not just luck, and with the Astros, it's no longer because they're cheating. They have better organizational scouting, player development and coaching. I hate the Dodgers and the Astros, but I have to give them credit where credit is due.

I don’t keep bringing him up.  I brought him up today.  Others have brought him up.  I didn’t read the rest of your post.

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Trout hopefully back this coming Friday for the start of the homestand?   That will have been 6+ weeks out.

Detmers needs to figure out how to develop consistency at this level so taking him out of the rotation is not going to help him. Keep him in. 

August 18th at home against Tampa Bay would be Detmers next scheduled start. 

They could bring in Canning.

They could skip Detmers and go with Anderson on 5 days rest.

They could start Detmers again.

It will be interesting to see how they manage the rotation.  Will they still try to pitch Giolito on 4 days rest?  

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Detmers needs to figure out how to develop consistency at this level so taking him out of the rotation is not going to help him. Keep him in. 

If Canning is healthy, they can't ignore the option of letting Detmers take a break in AAA. I think going to the bullpen is out of the question. He needs innings to try to figure things out. 

36 minutes ago, Torridd said:

If Canning is healthy, they can't ignore the option of letting Detmers take a break in AAA. I think going to the bullpen is out of the question. He needs innings to try to figure things out. 

Agreed but I think Detmers has more future upside than Canning. Mostly due to injury history