• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pitchers with Blister Issues

We’ve seen Shohei with blister issues this year and last year. Can you guys recall a pitcher who suddenly stopped having blister issues once they started getting them?  My recollection is guys who have them have them and all the others don’t have them. 

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's that fuckin splitter man. The monkey's paw of Ohtani's arsenal.

"Here's a pitch that absolutely no one can hit, but it gives you blisters constantly. Have fun."

I'm assuming that is why he rarely throws it anymore. I really hate that he throws that stupid sweeper now

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's that fuckin splitter man. The monkey's paw of Ohtani's arsenal.

"Here's a pitch that absolutely no one can hit, but it gives you blisters constantly. Have fun."

Yea probably. His splitter usage seems to be WAY down. “Splitter Shohei” is MUCH better than “Sweeper Shohei”.  That being said, sure I’m asking this because of Ohtani, but I just can’t recall a pitcher who stopped having blisters once they started to get them. You know me, I’m looking for a reason to be optimistic about his pitching performance going forward, whether it’s here or somewhere else. Unless it’s Seattle and then I hope he’s just plain awful. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea probably. His splitter usage seems to be WAY down. “Splitter Shohei” is MUCH better than “Sweeper Shohei”.  That being said, sure I’m asking this because of Ohtani, but I just can’t recall a pitcher who stopped having blisters once they started to get them. You know me, I’m looking for a reason to be optimistic about his pitching performance going forward, whether it’s here or somewhere else. Unless it’s Seattle and then I hope he’s just plain awful. 

Ohtani lives in Seattle during the off-season 

16 hours ago, Jason said:

I wonder why his fingers do not build up callouses. You'd think they would eventually build up after some time and then the blisters wouldn't occur very often. 

They do and yes, they also peal off when you're throwing between starts. It takes a while as it's constant new skin.

Might I suggest he spread his fingers out more and throw a forkball...

I'm over Ohtani. I'm not over Moreno being the Angels' owner. Moreno prevents the Angels from winning. He is a handicap. He is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Angels. Does he ever attend games? Does he ever get booed? He really needs to get the message that he and his rotten solitary decision making has no place in MLB. Come on Angels fans. Communicate this to our rotten owner. He needs to suffer.

2 minutes ago, Chico said:

I'm over Ohtani. I'm not over Moreno being the Angels' owner. Moreno prevents the Angels from winning. He is a handicap. He is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Angels. Does he ever attend games? Does he ever get booed? He really needs to get the message that he and his rotten solitary decision making has no place in MLB. Come on Angels fans. Communicate this to our rotten owner. He needs to suffer.

Ha! Sunday I heard some fans booing every time Artie's face showed up on the Big screen during the pregame Calling All Angels video.  I was confused at first because he isn't the main focal point in those shots.