• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Ohtani just pitch Fridays for the rest of the season?

Hubs

He'd have like 9 starts instead of as many as 11, but he may need a bit of rest. If he is going to continue being the everyday DH, then I think even with the days off, perhaps they do this. They can also do a straight 6 rotation, instead of the 5.5 rotation they have been doing. That would result in 10 starts, I think.

11 minutes ago, Hubs said:

He'd have like 9 starts instead of as many as 11, but he may need a bit of rest. If he is going to continue being the everyday DH, then I think even with the days off, perhaps they do this. They can also do a straight 6 rotation, instead of the 5.5 rotation they have been doing. That would result in 10 starts, I think.

I could see going to a straight six man rotation, especially if we acquire a starter before the deadline.

20 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Interesting idea.

They may need to consider adjusting the schedule if it looks like they will get a wild card game on Tuesday October 3rd.

Maybe every Friday to September 15 Detroit at home.  Then Thursday the following week at Tampa Bay, and Wednesday the week after that home against Texas.  That lines him up to start on Oct 3rd, if needed. 

41 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

What is causing the finger to become such a problem?

Is it the splitter?

How did he manage to avoid this the past two seasons?

The splitter? It doesn’t seem like he throws it that often anymore. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Something isn't right with him so the rest may be necessary. 

All the trade talk, pending free agency. Angel injuries trying to carry team. When he pitches, he bats plus little rest between starts. Just trying to stay healthy before big payday. All I know if he stays great if he ends up on another team, I wish him nothing but the best.

7 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

What is causing the finger to become such a problem?

Is it the splitter?

How did he manage to avoid this the past two seasons?

I do recall him having blister issues on his fingers in previous seasons, at least once where he was removed from the game. 

It's not an isolated incident. 

2 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

I do recall him having blister issues on his fingers in previous seasons, at least once where he was removed from the game. 

It's not an isolated incident. 

I do remember the isolated incidents.

This is the first time it’s affected him for an extended time.

Are we now seeing the affects of doing both hitting and pitching regularly for over 2.5 years?   Never been done before, not even by the Babe

That does complicate the re-signing decision, if so.

56 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I do remember the isolated incidents.

This is the first time it’s affected him for an extended time.

Are we now seeing the affects of doing both hitting and pitching regularly for over 2.5 years?   Never been done before, not even by the Babe

That does complicate the re-signing decision, if so.

If he can’t really be a two way player indefinitely the contract will need to reflect that and be flexible, curious to see how they do that.  It may be that trying to increase his starts was a bad idea.  What happens if he starts every five days?