• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Benefit of Hindsight

18 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Nail on head.

Morales breaking his leg, and the failure to sign Beltre, were the beginning of the end.

Was just thinking about this earlier this week. Supposedly Beltre really wanted to come here (no idea if true). And if I remember correctly, wel balked at his price tag... which was about 10 mill more than we were willing to spend...

.... which is not only telling for more recent years, but even dumber when you look at the money we wasted afterwards.

Not to mention taking on almost all of Wells' contract.

That's how it all started....

I'll add here that we lost Lackey squabbling over about 10 mill as well, with a "take it or leave it, you have an hour" message from the front office.

Beltre wanted to come. It wasn't Reagins.

39 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And to be fair in reference to Beltre, I didn't expect him to come here and do what he did in Boston or Texas. I thought he'd essentially be the Seattle version. Which still would have have been great.

He probably would have had his other testicle explode and basically turned into @Taylor.  Cause it’s the Angels.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Wasn’t it the guaranteed number of years?

I think it was a 5th year (maybe 6th) that was the hang up….But it was the reaction of trading for Wells that made it worse…much worse….Wells’ money could have been better utilized to fill other holes….