• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What was your very first job? (from GubiTuesday's feature last night)

Chuck

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

Discovery Zone, it was a chucky cheese type place. As a high schooler my friends thought I was awesome because I could bring pizza and popcorn over after I got off work. 

I remember Discovery Zone and their commercials. DZ! The discovery zone!  My best friend's wife and I were talking about this place recently and how it was ahead of its time with all the indoor play places that are popping up now.

8 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

I remember Discovery Zone and their commercials. DZ! The discovery zone!  My best friend's wife and I were talking about this place recently and how it was ahead of its time with all the indoor play places that are popping up now.

It was a rad place, but very hard to clean. With today's parents being more "germ conscious" I'm not sure how someone could pull it off. 

Age 13...My 1st job was selling the LA Times and Herald-Examiner on a street corner. I got to keep .5c for each daily I sold and .25c for each Sunday edition sold, when I worked on Saturday.

Age 16...My 1st hourly pay job was cutting the heads off fish at a fish market. That lasted 2 days. Even though I wore gloves, my hands smelled so bad, I couldn't take any longer.

Making pizzas and tray after tray after tray of garlic bread at my dad's Italian restaurant. I grew up in that restaurant and had a blast as a kid.

Although it has been closed for 40+ years, maybe one or two of you are old enough to remember it?

Michael's Italian Cuisine. Colorado Blvd, Pasadena.

It is likelier some of you may be familiar with the restaurants on my mom's side of the family.

Scarantino's....Glendale.

Scarantino's....San Juan Capistrano. I believe closed a few years ago.

Dino's...Pasadena. Closed approx 10 years ago.

Edited by REDneck

First Paycheck job was washing dishes at Vince's Spaghetti Restaurant (Est. 1945) in Torrance.

The dishwashers didn't always get along with the busboys because they wouldn't separate out the paper trash when clearing the table.  We weren't suppose to let any paper go through the wash.

Dishwashers got paid more, but Busboys got a share of the tips.

Dishwasher ate for free in the kitchen, Busboys had to pay 1/2 price.

Overall it was a good after school job my Senior year of HS.

13 - Delivering newspapers (the paper bag was bigger than me on Sundays with all the supplements). £2.80 per week.

16 - Working on a fruit and vegetable stall in a supermarket while at college. The job that put muscles on my skinny frame, I could barely lift a 60lb bag of potatoes when I started, by 17 I was carrying three at a time. Stayed for three years and became trainee manager of the whole store at 19. The pay was £1.23 per hour at 16, and I could go out and get drunk on a night out for £5. Fun times.

Paperboy for the Herald Examiner.  Subscriptions $2.40 per month weekly only or $3.00 per month including Sunday's.

I had to go house to house at the end of every month to collect.   The Route Manager charged me $30 per month for the papers, anything above that I kept.

Did this from age 10-13.

My first Sunday morning (6:00am)  loaded with the big Sunday papers stuffed in each bag, I durned onto the side walk after "porching" the first house, and fell because I wasn't used to the weight of the bags.  Fortunately my dad saw me fall and came over to help me get the bike off me.

Good times!