• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

That was the most poorly managed game I’ve seen in a long time

Why did Nevin start Suarez tonight? He obviously doesn’t have any stuff yet this year. Watching the lowly A’s just tee off against him was so stupid. We have so many other pitchers that would be better at this point - Barria, Davidson, Silseth just to name a few of the pitchers we have that WOULDN’T GIVE UP 5 HOMERS TO THE LOWLY A’S IN THE FIRST 3 INNINGS!

Then we are ahead by one run in the top of the 9th and he brings out Wantz who pitched in the 8th, who was just called up from AAA to try to get his first save ever. Why?! And then to relieve Wantz he brings in Barria who is a long reliever so basically a starter WHO HAS NEVER SAVED A GAME EITHER. 

This is what you get when you fire a multiple World Series winning manager and go with a guy WHO HAS NEVER MANAGED A FULL YEAR IN THE MAJORS. 

Nevin can’t get us to the playoffs and now we are going to lose Ohtani for sure.

SELL THE TEAM ARTE. SELL THE TEAM!

17 minutes ago, AngelsDude said:

We have so many other pitchers that would be better at this point - Barria, Davidson, Silseth just to name a few of the pitchers

Barria coughed up the winning runs tonight. Neither he or Davidson are stretched out enough to start without making it a bullpen game. Silseth is with the Salt Lake Bees. 

I don't think the game was managed poorly... I think the players didn't execute.  They had their opportunities and didn't capitalize. That's not on Nevin. That's on them.  The thing I will remember most about last night is Trout striking out to end the game.  It happens.  It's unfortunate.  I hope he gets another shot tonight to impact the outcome in a positive way.

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm fine with giving Wantz a shot,  but his first opportunity to close you ask him to get a 5 out save?

Using Barria the long guy to suddenly close was terrible. 

Perry sucked with this pen but Nevin hasn't handled well either. 

How do you know his assignment was to get a five out save rather than get these two guys out (a more modest assignment) and then have someone else pitch the last inning?

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Because he started he 9th and nobody was warming up until he got in trouble. Pretty simple. 

Maybe.  But he also had struck out two batters in the eighth so it might make sense for the manager to then decide to let him keep going.

Just saying that is just as believable as believing he was handed the ball to get five outs.

We don’t know that.