• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Maybe dodged a terrible contract

30 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Berrios looks terrible in just year two of his 7/131 deal with the Jays.

I admit I wanted him. 

Don't look now but he was pretty close to terrible in year one of his deal.  The dude's rep was always bigger than his game.  The K totals made people believe he had been better than he was.  That said -- he ate up innings and that had value.

25 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Don't look now but he was pretty close to terrible in year one of his deal.  The dude's rep was always bigger than his game.  The K totals made people believe he had been better than he was.  That said -- he ate up innings and that had value.

Oh he was awful last year. That's why his two terrible starts this year should be so concerning. He was also bad in the WBC

9 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Oh he was awful last year. That's why his two terrible starts this year should be so concerning. He was also bad in the WBC

He's one of those guys that got paid based on what people thought he could be, not what he had been.  Guy had a career ERA+ of 105 through the season before his trade.  Canning for instance was at 106 up until his injury season fiasco.

I wanted the Angels to pursue Berrios.

But that was also at a time when most Angel fans wanted basically any legitimate starters to help the rotation.

Right now with the current roster I don’t find myself pining for any other starting pitchers that are (or might be) “available.”

It sure helps to avoid being wrong when you are not desperate.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Rumor has it that after Berrios signed his contract he began working out with Justin Upton and Vernon Wells.