• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Outage

Chuck

Early this morning, launch configurations that have been in place for some time started failing. An internal utility at AWS that has been in place for years was no longer operating. A work around has been put in place and we are investigating with our AWS account representative as to the root cause of this failure. They do not yet know at this time.

Our sincerest apologies for this downtime event. We have monitoring, automatic scaling, and various systems in place to prevent just such an issue. However, with such a low level piece of the AWS systems failing without warning, we were unable to quickly recover.

At this time we have no further information but can promise we will work with AWS to determine root cause.

Sadly all of this was out of my control which was the most frustrating part of it. I couldn't really communicate the outage to anyone or give any timelines since the server is hosted in the cloud and on AWS. 

In the past two years they have a really good server uptime though so we can't complain. 

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.24.11 PM.png

Bookmark this page in case you're unable to load our website in the future. https://status.invisioncommunity.com/

58 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sadly all of this was out of my control which was the most frustrating part of it. I couldn't really communicate the outage to anyone or give any timelines since the server is hosted in the cloud and on AWS. 

In the past two years they have a really good server uptime though so we can't complain. 

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.24.11 PM.png

Bookmark this page in case you're unable to load our website in the future. https://status.invisioncommunity.com/

I always laugh when cable companies or ISP's state we have a 99% uptime rating.  Sounds really good.  Until you realize that 99% uptime during an entire year means it's been down 3.65 days.  At least a 99.98%, you are only down 1.752 hours.  

Of course, when it's the hours after the biggest event to happen to the Angels in about a decade, it's way too long.

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Early this morning, launch configurations that have been in place for some time started failing. An internal utility at AWS that has been in place for years was no longer operating. A work around has been put in place and we are investigating with our AWS account representative as to the root cause of this failure. They do not yet know at this time.

Our sincerest apologies for this downtime event. We have monitoring, automatic scaling, and various systems in place to prevent just such an issue. However, with such a low level piece of the AWS systems failing without warning, we were unable to quickly recover.

At this time we have no further information but can promise we will work with AWS to determine root cause.

tumblr_mus7qx06mE1qgrjt5o3_r1_250.gif

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I always laugh when cable companies or ISP's state we have a 99% uptime rating.  Sounds really good.  Until you realize that 99% uptime during an entire year means it's been down 3.65 days.  At least a 99.98%, you are only down 1.752 hours.  

Love it when people act like the stereotype.