• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kitchen Appliances

Went broke over the last year remodeling my house, big project was the kitchen. Like @cals mentioned in the other thread, I hunted the outlet stores for the ones with dents. Scored a Thermodor oven with a ding in the side for 3K off, and a Kitchenaid fordge with a small ding on the door for 2K off. Still had the wrap on it.

The Thermador has star shaped burners so it looks cool AF (and puts the ZLine ones to shame). And the fledged has LED lighting and wood paneling inside. Boujie AF.

5508007cv1d.jpg

22 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

(This thread is for @PattyD22. Couldn't let him down)

Love you, brother.  I knew I could count on you @ten ocho recon scout

Stay safe out there.

By the way, I have the same fridge.  Love the LED lighting.  When I grab a beer, it’s like getting one at a club.

Edited by PattyD22

I’ve had the same Kenmore fridge since 1997. The ice it makes is shitty but otherwise as been good. I don’t understand these new ones that you can tap on to see what’s inside? Seems pointless but I guess their target consumer is the same lazy ass that doesn’t put their shopping cart back in the cart return area. 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Went broke over the last year remodeling my house, big project was the kitchen. Like @cals mentioned in the other thread, I hunted the outlet stores for the ones with dents. Scored a Thermodor oven with a ding in the side for 3K off, and a Kitchenaid fordge with a small ding on the door for 2K off. Still had the wrap on it.

The Thermador has star shaped burners so it looks cool AF (and puts the ZLine ones to shame). And the fledged has LED lighting and wood paneling inside. Boujie AF.

5508007cv1d.jpg

I have that same fridge. 

3 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

By the way, I have the same fridge.  Love the LED lighting.  When I grab a beer, it’s like getting one at a club.

It's literally the dumbest thing on earth. When my GF showed it to me at the store, I said "No, stupid, that's the dumbest thing on earth. NO!"

Then the very next fridge I opened to look at...

"... oh wow.... this one sucks. Let's go back and look at that first one, babe"

Spent like an extra grand on something like 20 dollars in LED lighting and finished plywood. 

They know what they're doing.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Which club? The Library?

I vividly remember a chick I knew back in the day telling me she got a job there. And I was like "good for you hon, that's honestly a shock! Didn't see you as that type, but I'm glad! You're finally growing up, this will be good for you!"

I had never heard of a strip club called The Library. I literally thought she was going to work at a library.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I’ve had the same Kenmore fridge since 1997. The ice it makes is shitty but otherwise as been good. I don’t understand these new ones that you can tap on to see what’s inside? Seems pointless but I guess their target consumer is the same lazy ass that doesn’t put their shopping cart back in the cart return area. 

When I got mine, I was dead set on none of that fancy crap. (I ended up way overpaying for a nice looking one, but the options aren't there like the others).

My GF tried to sell me on one that had like a second door... that displayed beers, and you could open the little door in door thing to get a beer.

To which I asked her "why wouldn't I just open the door like normal?"

Those gimmicks are probably cool for a minute, but also pretty pointless. (They're coming with TVs built into them now... they're honestly just fucking with us). From everything I've read and the salespeople I talked to, stick to the basic, dependable "all we do is make this shit" brands. Not Samsung. LG. Etc 

They make cool features... but they're TV people. Same as you wouldn't want to buy a Whirlpool TV

On 1/4/2023 at 8:27 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

They make cool features... but they're TV people. Same as you wouldn't want to buy a Whirlpool TV

Whirlpool corporation sold their television division to Sanyo back in the 1970's. Damn company gobbled up so many other appliance companies and consolidated them over the last 100 years. 

On 1/4/2023 at 8:27 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Those gimmicks are probably cool for a minute, but also pretty pointless. (They're coming with TVs built into them now... they're honestly just fucking with us). From everything I've read and the salespeople I talked to, stick to the basic, dependable "all we do is make this shit" brands. Not Samsung. LG. Etc 

I have a Samsung French door fridge with the second drawer. One of the best purchases I have ever made. Came with a huge discount at Lowe's, about 40% off.

20 minutes ago, Blarg said:

We bought a top of the line French door Samsung.  The ice maker isn't worth shit, freezes up constantly because of a engineering and manufacturing defect. I've replaced it once and withing a year it froze up again. Fuck the piece of shit, we buy bags of ice instead. 

Sorry that you have had an issue. Ours makes ice in two sizes, put into separate trays in the freezer. I had a Kitchen Aid refrigerator that had an icemaker issue that was never resolved. The manufacturer said that it wasn't covered by the warranty because it wasn't "an integral part of the refrigerator." Thus ended my purchase of anything with the Kitchen Aid brand.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan