• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023 MLB Amateur Draft Thread

Chuck

Gotta say I’m really underwhelmed by this draft. 

Almost feels like they drafted to restock the AA team after they made a plan to buy at the deadline, and then the last 10 games fucked that idea and they had no time to pivot.

Edited by totdprods

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Almost feels like they drafted to restock the AA team after they made a plan to buy at the deadline, and then the last 10 games fucked that idea and they had no time to pivot.

I’m a fan of the hitters that they have been targeting. Seems like although they’re college bats there’s a decent amount of a ceiling as well. The pitchers I’m very underwhelmed on but that’s because I can’t really find much on any of them other than the prep arm.

Edited by rafibomb

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

weird and a bit of a bummer draft so far.  It feels like someone who has no confidence in their system to develop players...and also a bit of lack of confidence in their LT staying power as GM.  

8 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I’m a fan of the hitters that they have been targeting. Seems like although they’re college bats there’s a decent amount of a ceiling as well. The pitchers I’m very underwhelmed on but that’s because I can’t really find much on any of them other than the prep arm.

I wouldn’t say it’s bad, just underwhelming. Usually there’s a couple players that I am real excited to see and so far I’m not really dreaming on any of these. Schanuel looks useful and I think will be solid, but finding a solid 1B via draft feels kinda unnecessary given how there are typically no issues finding one cheaply via FA. Ríos seems like a solid choice to be a decent MLBer.