• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Differences

Pitching wise, they started off throwing strikes and attacked hitters. The starters, for the most part , were able to get deeper into the game [ 6th or 7th inning] with lower pitch counts. Now, outside of Ohtani, they can't pitch deep enough to qualify for a win. And the pen wasn't walking guys and giving up homers. The hitters 1-5 in the order were carrying the offence. Now, there is no timely hitting. Trout is pretty much seeing fastballs up and in every time up. He hasn't adjusted yet. Although Seattle didn't get that memo. I can't remember the last time Stassi got a hit. The hitters swing at pitches in the dirt, then with 2 strikes they take a pitch middle of the plate, belt high for a strike.

On 7/4/2022 at 5:59 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Health

Flukey good performances

League adjustments

Easier schedule

Schedule?

We played Houston, Texas, White Sox, Cleveland, Boston and Tampa Bay.

I understand losing to Yanks, Dogs and Astris, but Marlins,  and Kc.

I didn't think losing Fletcher and Rendon woukd hurt that bad.  However it did 

I didn't think the blow pen curse would return.

8 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Schedule?

We played Houston, Texas, White Sox, Cleveland, Boston and Tampa Bay.

I understand losing to Yanks, Dogs and Astris, but Marlins,  and Kc.

I didn't think losing Fletcher and Rendon woukd hurt that bad.  However it did 

I didn't think the blow pen curse would return.

Of the teams mentioned in the first paragraph though, only Houston and TB were playing well over the first 5 weeks.  The others were under .500 through that point.

They had it easier those first 5 weeks.

But one could see warning signs even then.   The near home sweep by the O’s and the near home series loss to the Nationals

14 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Of the teams mentioned in the first paragraph though, only Houston and TB were playing well over the first 5 weeks.  The others were under .500 through that point.

They had it easier those first 5 weeks.

But one could see warning signs even then.   The near home sweep by the O’s and the near home series loss to the Nationals

The question is whether they are a good team.  You can't use records at the time in evaluation.  Otherwise people could say the Angels are a good team because they were 24-13 at one point.

We were a good team.  We no longer are.  Why should be the question.

1. Bullpen turned into trash.

2. Trout and Ohtani slumped at same time.

3. Injuries to Fletcher and Rendon hurt.

4.  Injuries to Ward cooled his gane off. 

5.  Right now I think the team has lost confidence in themselves or each other and are not competing anymore.  Just my opinion. 

Say what you want about Scioscia.  He had some disappointing seasons but outside of his last year they all kept competing.  They never quit.

Can't say that about his last year.  And I am not sure you can say that now.